Planned Parenthood North Central States
Director of Prospect Development – Vandalia – St. Paul, MN
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
The Director of Prospect Management reports to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for planning, implementing and directing a comprehensive prospect management program of Planned Parenthood North Central States. This position creates policies and manages processes associated with on-going relationship management, including building fundraiser portfolios and implementing methods to evaluate and drive portfolio productivity. The director of Prospect Development will be involved in campaign planning, is a key member of the Major and Principal Gifts Workgroup and part of a team dedicated to strengthening Planned Parenthood's fundraising efforts and creating a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The position will work closely with leadership and act as a creative and strategic partner to build an effective Prospect Management program for Planned Parenthood North Central States.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage prospect assignment, prospect and proposal tracking and management
• Work with Development leadership to formulate and implement policies and procedures for prospect assignment, management, and tracking
• Partner with managers to monitor and direct development officers' progress in prospect cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Provide analysis and interpretation of prospect and donor information, oversee prospect assignment, and facilitate communication regarding prospects
• Work with Development leadership to coordinate top prospect solicitations and strategy sessions
• Prepare and distribute actionable prospect management information. Develop new analytical reports that provide accurate projections of gifts in the pipeline and demographic snapshots of the prospect pool
• Lead a 5-state research team
• Guide Fundraising Intelligence for the Development team
• Analyze, conceptualize, manage, and design enhancements of a comprehensive fundraising database. Refine the system to adequately support the management and tracking of prospects, proposals, and donors, ensuring a high level of data integrity
• Assess program effectiveness and work with Advancement leadership to develop corrective measures as needed
• Work with prospect research to incorporate new prospects into the prospect management pipeline and assist in the referral of prospects to central and constituency units
• Develop systematic training for development staff in the use of the fundraising database with emphasis on prospect tracking and management
• Perform other duties as assigned
Full-time, Exempt position
Tentative schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Physical Work Intensity & Work Environment
Level 1, Sedentary – Physical requirements require sitting at a desk 6-7 hours per day in front of computer terminal. Must be able to use hands for repetitive action on a daily basis. Lifting up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis and use of computer, telephone, calculator, laser printer, modem and fax on a daily basis. Must be able to climb stairs. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 6+ years of experience in fundraising, development research or data research/analysis
• Knowledge of fundraising fundamentals, and specifically prospect management and prospect tracking principles and methods
• Experience with large databases and data extractions methodologies (e.g. SQL)
• Ability to keep accurate records and complete timely reports
• Knowledge of process, ethics, and policies of professional fundraising
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, co-workers, and constituents
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to manipulate large datasets. Experience with industry reporting platforms (e.g. Tableau)
• Foundation organizational structure, policies, and procedures
• Comprehensive campaign experience
• Raiser’s Edge Experience
• Ability to navigate of complex organizational structure, policies, and procedures
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment
that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.