JDRF International | Bloomington, MN | February 27, 2020
Senior Outreach Manager (Default)
Bloomington, MN, USA Full-timeCompany Description
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.Job Description
The Senior Outreach Manager will be a dynamic leader within the chapter that will organize, develop, implement and expand the community Outreach Program for the Chapter, and will help expand Chapter fundraising results by building stronger and enhanced relationships with the local type 1 community. The Senior Outreach Manager will report directly to the Executive Director.Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement Outreach Program components in the Chapter to include but not limited to T1D connections program, Bag of Hope distribution and reporting, outreach events (support or education) planning and coordination, and National hand-off follow-up.
- Manage and grow the Type One Nation Summit, the Chapter’s largest educational and programmatic event. Includes leadership of Advisory Committee – management and volunteer recruitment, development of robust programming throughout the day, recruitment of qualified and engaging speakers and development of programming for youth attendees.
- Ideate and execute a minimum of four additional outreach events throughout the year, leveraging survey feedback/community input to guide direction of plans.
- Grow and expand the Youth Ambassador program, designed to build leadership opportunities for our youngest advocates. Enhance and refine the engagement opportunities for Youth Ambassadors throughout the year and serve as a main point of contact for Youth Ambassador families. Coordinate Youth Ambassador activation at core fundraising programs.
- Work in conjunction with other Chapter staff to ensure Outreach presence and impact at all events. Collaborate with Outreach peers across the organization for idea sharing
- Stay updated and informed of all JDRF internal Outreach related resources and publications.
- Support JDRF's advocacy initiative and local advocacy volunteer efforts at the Chapter level.
- Develop and build relationships with key diabetes healthcare professionals and diabetes industry representatives in the chapter, to market the JDRF Outreach Program and Chapter fundraising programs.
- Work with Chapter staff to identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for leadership and support roles in implementing JDRF Outreach Programs.
- Develop and manage Outreach Volunteer communication timeline and content including newsletters and social media.
- Collaborate with the walk team to support new family team recruitment through relationship development with newly diagnosed families. Partner with Chapter staff to ensure an impactful experience for all new family teams at One Walk.
- Work within Chapter budget to ensure that the Chapter is fiscally responsible, and surface and apply for local grant resources to fund Outreach projects.
- Manage and oversee accurate recording of information in CRM, database, file system, and/or records. Create, update, and revise as needed.
- Plan and coordinate Outreach meetings, agendas, and activities. Prepare Outreach presentations, materials, and reports. Some Outreach meetings may include but are not limited to: outreach volunteer trainings, outreach committee meetings, event planning meetings, etc.
- Interface and serve as a liaison for all levels of Outreach staff and volunteers. Maintain steady communication between JDRF International departments related to and including Outreach, Government Relations, Public Affairs, Public Support, Field Operations, etc.
- Assist in evaluating Chapter activities on a regular basis and seek ways to improve Chapter performance and fund-raising success. Assist in the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks as assigned.
- Respond to and follow through with inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.
- 5 years of relevant experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising activities and organizing community initiatives.
- Volunteer management experience is a must.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources, planning, and resource allocation. Experience with computer systems and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop and maintain positive and effective relationships.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful. Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL https://smrtr.io/3Vr6p
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.