Simpson Housing Services | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $19.00 - $19.23 per hourWhy Work For Simpson?
Our Mission is to house, support and advocate for people experiencing homelessness. We believe that everybody has the right to safe and affordable housing; we strive to strive to create a collaborative community with the individuals we serve, within Simpson, and with the greater community; and we advocate against the injustices of society that cause homelessness and poverty. On a daily basis, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and dignity of every person and encourage people to draw upon their strengths and promote the power of self-advocacy.
Simpson Housing Services began as an emergency overnight shelter in the basement of Simpson United Methodist Church in 1982. Simpson has since become a leading nonprofit providing assistance to people experiencing homelessness. In response to un-met community needs, our programs have grown to include emergency shelter, single adult supportive housing, and family supportive housing. We work across the metro area, partnering with landlords and developers to find affordable housing for all families and individuals. At any given time, we provide supportive services to 100 individuals and 200 families with over 400 children.COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & RACIAL JUSTICE
Simpson Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity. Diversity continues to be our primary focus in staffing and hiring, as it is important to us that our staff demographics be representative of the population demographics whom we serve. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.How Can You Contribute?
The Advancement and Communications Coordinator position provides operational and technical support to the Advancement and Communications team by implementing and executing work flow in the department and across relevant agency departments.
Major advancement responsibilities of this role include gift data entry, processing acknowledgement letters, maintaining accurate records, and tracking donor correspondence. As well as communication responsibilities including website maintenance, copy writing, and social media, electronic newsletter coordination.
This position will require someone who is confident, creative, detail-oriented, able to work independently and experienced in managing a wide range of development, communication, and administrative tasks. The role requires one to be organized and flexible within a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
This role will be supervised by the Director of Advancement and Communications and will work closely with other team members including the Advancement Operations Manager, Development and Grants Manager and Communication Coordinator to acquire resources and build capacity to advance Simpson Housing Services’ (SHS) mission to house, support, and advocate for people experiencing homelessness.
This position will be remote during the pandemic but will shift to in-office once it’s safe. Further, while temporarily remote, weekly in person attendance at SHS office will be required for meetings, gift processing and training. SHS follows established protocols to ensure a clean and safe working environment including mask wearing, social distancing and frequent sanitizing at its locations. SHS will provide necessary tech, including a laptop for remote work.
Hours for this position are Mondays to Fridays, 9-5pm. Occasional evenings and Weekends. Flexible.
To apply for this position, please visit Simpson Housing Services' Career page OR the link below:https://simpsonhousingservices.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=239&source=aWQ9MTU%3D
All applications are accepted through our website ONLY. Do not email, fax or mail application materials directly to any of our staff or to our offices. This will result in your application not be considered for the position.
This posting will remain active until filled.Responsibilities
Data Processing and Raiser’s Edge Maintenance:
- Enter and process all financial gifts: mailed-in checks, on-line donations and third-party donation platforms.
- Process all acknowledgement letters (hard copy and electronic) in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain acknowledgement letter templates in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain organized, up to date, and complete files for all funder relationships, either digital or paper as required.
- Assist the Advancement Operations Manager with database maintenance to ensure comprehensive, updated, relevant, and accurate data to inform effective donor stewardship and advancement operations.
- Serve as the secondary database expert in order for operations to be streamlined, this includes data entry, reports, mailing lists, data imports, global changes, duplicate records and overall all ensuring the data integrity.
- Coordinate with Finance department on certain processes relevant to private fundraising such as financial reconciling and annual audits.
Communications and Website Support:
- Responsible for maintaining the SHS website including developing new copy, changes and updates.
- Coordinate posting to social media platforms and collaborate with team about social media messaging and content.
- Monitor social media accounts and engage SHS community.
- Support the team in the development and delivery of monthly electronic Enews.
- Assist in writing and proof-reading fundraising and communication materials.
- Participate in team planning to develop content and messaging to be included in newsletters, social media, appeals, solicitations, campaigns, and other communications.
- This position will also provide support in the areas of: board of directors, events, volunteers, and donor stewardship.
- Serve as the back-up to the receptionist for breaks, meetings, and vacations.
- Provide administration support to the Advancement and Communications team and the Senior Leadership Team, areas include: scheduling meetings, mailings, filing, minutes, and other office assignments.
Commitment to racial equity and social justice:
- Work within and across agency departments to build culture of equity and antiracism.
- Strive to hold Advancement and Communications Department accountable to agency-wide strategy to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Evolve knowledge and strategy of equity and antiracism on an individual and team level.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops hosted by SHS about diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism, and other related topics.Scope of Position
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, organizing and facilitating converging work flows, and data management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Communicates effectively in writing, in-person, and through phone and video conferencing to internal and external audiences.
- Commitment to SHS values, antiracism, and equity.
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability and willingness to execute some tasks on site.
- Experience in mission-driven, community-based organization.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational database.
- Demonstrated experience with Word press, Constant Contact, and social media platforms.
- Effective advocacy and leadership skills.
Percentage time spent away from main office/location:
Time inside: 99%, Time outside: 1%, Agency travel time required: 1%
Travel includes travel within the community including but not limited delivering mail, trips to other SHS sites.
Percentage time spent in direct care: 0%
Type of guidance and supervision received: Will participate in regular team meetings, bi-weekly direct supervision meetings with SHS supervisor.
Number of Direct Reports: None
Number of In-direct Reports: None
Budget Responsibility: None