Heart of Dance | MNSalary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Founded in 2014, Heart of Dance delivers Social Emotional Learning programs to youth and mental and physical wellness programs to seniors through partner dance. We have served over 9,000 Minnesotans in the Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth. As society slowly returns to normal we anticipate a great need for the human interaction our programming provides and are looking for someone to support our growth and expansion to serve many more! Our pre-COVID annual budget of $400K was evenly split between earned and contributed income. We have a grant writer on staff so our Development Director will focus on individual donor relations and corporate sponsorships.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of fundraising, including individual fundraising, sponsorship support, and Benevon events. Director of Development manages the fundraising functions of events and direct mail efforts, oversees and implements annual development plan, directs and helps to create annual impact report, and manages development staff members. Candidates will have excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, be well-organized and self-motivated, exhibit empathy and be inspired by our mission.
Heart of Dance is only hiring local Twin Cities-area candidates. The Director of Development may work from home with some in-person meetings at our 3748 Minnehaha Ave. office in Minneapolis. This position also requires face-to-face meetings with donors and occasional attendance at local promotional/ development events. Please do not apply if you are not a Twin Cities-area resident.Responsibilities and DutiesIndividual Fundraising:
Benevon Fundraising Model:
- Create infrastructure for individual donor management and cultivation
- Create direct mail and e-solicitation plans for year-end giving
- Identify and cultivate annual donors and multi-year donors
- Partner with and support Executive Director and Board of Directors for major donor cultivation and major gift acquisition
- Identify and work to obtain corporate sponsors for program and fundraising events
- Meet with program partners and support their fundraising plans as needed
- Direct the team to identify potential funder/donor/school inspirational stories for highlighting on website and in newsletters, grants and promotional/fundraising materials
- Plan and oversee a total of 10-15 small Point of Entry events in Twin Cities and Rochester in spring and fall each year:
- lead team in determining sites, creating marketing materials, securing hosts, preparing materials, purchasing refreshments, etc.;
- guide Director, Board Members and others in inviting donors and past luncheon attendees, oversee communication of confirmation and event details to guests;
- direct post-event communication with guests
- Plan, implement and oversee annual Dancing With Heart fundraising events:
- lead team in determining sites, creating marketing materials, working with caterers, securing IT support, assisting with program development and guest speakers, preparing decorations, recruiting volunteers;
- work with Volunteer Engagement (VEC) and Development committees to recruit table captains/ambassadors, prepare table captain packets, invite donors and luncheon attendees;
- oversee communication of confirmation and event details to guests, vendors, staff and volunteers;
- Oversee and assist with all post-event actions: recording donations and pledges; secure board, staff and VEC members to do post-event calls; sending attendee thank you letters and donor and pledge acknowledgments; sort post event calls and assign to callers, including to volunteers and vendors; final tally created for board and volunteers.
Grant Assistance and Oversight:
- Manage VEC: plan meeting schedule, create meeting agendas and additional attachments, communicate with VEC Chair on all related items, manage meeting RSVPs, oversee meetings, communicate with VEC members
- Working with the ED, manage Development Committee: plan meeting schedule, create meeting agendas and additional attachments, manage meeting RSVPs, oversee meetings, communicate with Development Committee members
- Board meetings: create development report for bi-monthly meetings, attend meetings and present report
- Work with admin team to identify groups/partners for outreach, speaking, etc. to build relationships and connections to schools, partners, and donors
- Represent Heart of Dance at community events, school fairs, and other public events
- Manage Grants Manager position
- Assist in the planning and preparation of grants as needed
- Oversee grants schedule
- Manage Development team, participate in senior team meetings
- Coordinate maintenance of records in Salesforce database: update and manage donations, acknowledgments, donor lists and funders.
Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field required. At least six years in development positions, including proven results with individual giving and corporate sponsorships a must