Women Winning | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $70,000-$90,000DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
This is a new era of pro-choice women’s leadership and the wave of women stepping up to run for office in 2021, 2022, and beyond continues. To meet this defining moment, Women Winning is thrilled to announce we’re hiring for the Development Director position. Organization Overview
Women Winning is Minnesota’s largest women’s political organization. Our mission is to recruit, train, and elect pro-choice women to all levels of public office, from Park Board to President of the United States. Women Winning’s robust candidate support services are provided completely free-of-charge, breaking down barriers to running for office and electing our best advocates.
Women Winning is a 501c4 organization with a State and a Federal PAC. Over the past 39 years, Women Winning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates. Position Overview
Women Winning is seeking an energetic and innovative leader with a passion for its mission, a drive to grow its fundraising program, and an ability to diversify revenue to meet this defining moment of increased demand. This is a great position for a driven, goal-oriented person who likes working in a fast-paced environment.
The Development Director is focused on identifying and deepening relationships with key stakeholders while overseeing a larger development plan aimed at growing and diversifying the Women Winning movement. The Development Director reports to the President, and in working closely with the President, Board of Directors, and Committees, is responsible for all aspects of fundraising and related event management. Responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of a full-scale, integrated development operation with an emphasis on diversifying revenue and growing member base
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and plans, driven by a robust calendar of events and major gifts program
- Manage donor database; generate contribution and donor reports
Major Gifts / Institutional Giving
- Work with the President to create and execute annual plans for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors, strategic partners, and grantors
- Ensure delivery of donor benefits for major gift, sustaining, and planned giving donors
- Establish revenue goals for fundraising events; build tiered outreach strategy and generate corresponding materials for each event; coordinate execution details
- Plan, oversee, and execute several large annual fundraising events (including the Annual Luncheon), as well as smaller grassroots fundraising and candidate fundraising events throughout the year
- Serve as primary contact for event sponsors and guests; ensure excellent guest experience; implement donor benefits and gratitude protocols; secure pledges
- Serve as primary point of contact for all event principals and speakers, venues, and vendors/contractors
- Collaborate with Political and Communications team members to plan, oversee, and execute 35+ trainings/leadership development, fundraising, movement-building, and volunteer events throughout the year
- Supervise Operations Assistant to ensure timely and accurate acknowledgements, mail, banking/accounting, and more
- Work with and support the President including providing strategic counsel and assistance with special projects as needed
: Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a relevant field such as fundraising or advancement; or a similar combination of experience and education Key Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to the mission and work of Women Winning; a passion for women’s leadership, reproductive justice, and community building
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a highly collaborative leadership style, and superb judgement
- Experience with and a successful track record of leading a broad range of annual fundraising strategies, including major gifts, events, institutional giving
- Passion for planning and executing creative, inclusive, and successful events of all sizes
- Experience working with principals and prominent national and community leaders
- Experience with political campaigns (paid or volunteer); experience with campaign finance reporting is preferable, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while meeting the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Experience planning and/or implementing events; experience using databases and information management systems (e.g. EveryAction/NGP)
: Full Time - regular business hours, plus occasional night and weekend commitments Compensation
: Base salary range is $70,000 - $90,000. Final offer compensation and level will be commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits
: Women Winning covers 100% of employee medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; employees have access to a 401-k retirement plan, 20 days PTO, and 12 paid holidays.
Women Winning is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. To apply
: Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Meggie Wittorf, Women Winning President, at email@example.com
. Please use the subject line “First Name Last Name_
Development Director”, updated with your information.
The position will remain open until filled. Interviews are on a rolling basis.