Avenues for Youth | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Database Manager
Primary Location: Minneapolis Avenues
Reports To: Associate Director of Development
Employment Status: Full Time Hourly Non Exempt
Core Schedule: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Salary range: $55,000-$60,000 annual salaryORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION
Avenues for Youth provides emergency shelter, transitional housing, rapid re-housing, collective housing, and host homes housing for youth and young families experiencing housing instability and homelessness. We strive to do that in a safe and nurturing environment through a social justice lens. Avenues seeks to partner with youth and young families while they define their experiences, life dreams and future. Our work takes into account historical trauma, systems of oppression, and intersectionality while being grounded in the power of resiliency, healing, and community. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Database Manager is part of the Development and Communications Team, reporting to and working closely with the Associate Director of Development. The position manages the data that drives fund development, donor stewardship, fund development processes by leading and supporting donor database management and playing a critical role with prospect research and events. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND DONOR STEWARDSHIP
- Design and run reports, including reports to support the development team in fundraising and stewardship, to support the finance team in gifts reconciliation, and to support the leadership in planning and decision making.
- Conduct donor data analysis to identify lapsed donors, determine campaign results, etc.
- Record all gifts and pledges in the database (Donor Perfect Online) through uploads and manual entry, coding gifts to the appropriate general ledger, solicitation, and campaign.
- Access multiple third-party databases to extract data and then upload it to the donor database.
- Manage the process of acknowledging all gifts and pledges, including mail merging data, proofing drafts, printing, and mailing.
- Ensure gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional service and support to donors and staff by promptly responding to requests via phone, mail, or email; following up with donors to update credit card information.
- Work with finance and development teams to reconcile contributions on a bi-monthly basis.
- Interpret report requests to determine the best way to compile and share the requested data.
- Examine, clean, and optimize data records and processes on a regular basis to ensure accuracy to eliminate duplicate records, and to maintain overall donor database integrity and accuracy of data imported into the database
- Conduct ongoing prospect research and data management as needed by the team.
- Maintain processes for superior stewardship of current donors, including the new donor welcome process and donor portfolio support for the executive director and development staff.
- Track and manage donor pledges and pledges receivable, reconciling donor records with finance on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with colleagues on development strategies and provide ongoing support to the communications manager, development manager, and director of development & communications.
- Manage the online in-kind wish lists, ensuring that they are routinely updated.
- Work with development staff to organize, and manage the holiday giving program, involving individual in-kind gift giving to each youth with Avenues during the December holiday season.
- Coordinate with development staff to steward in-kind relationships including mailed gift acknowledgements and invitations to upcoming events.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure in-kind gifts record keeping is accurate.
- Coordinate with human resources, development, and program staff on the volunteer hiring process, including accepting applications and guiding volunteers through the onboarding process (NOTE: Tasks could shift once Avenues fully restarts the volunteer program).
- Team with other development staff to develop and implement donor cultivation opportunities.
- Assist with the annual fundraising event.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience working in donor database management with data entry, report building, and producing donor acknowledgement letters through a mail merge, OR
- 6 years of donor database management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with donor database software; knowledge of Donor Perfect Online and Classy preferred by not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and its applications including Excel, Office 365, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively in writing, in-person, and through phone and video conferencing with multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking and receiving feedback from multiple people while working within the context of an ever-changing nonprofit environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Cognizant of, and sensitive to, the needs of youth experiencing homelessness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, twist, kneel, and communicate. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT: KEEPING US SAFE
In response to the COVID‐19 Pandemic, Avenues for Youth has worked diligently to establish strong health and safety protocols for our community. This position is hybrid role, requiring some in-person work each week in the office with the option to work remotely. Currently many job duties can be fulfilled by phone or video-assisted technology, but some situations will require in-person meetings. Any interactions that require in-person contact will involve the use of social distancing and personal protective equipment. OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DEI)
Avenues for Homeless Youth is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We embrace diversity, foster inclusion, and do our work through an equitable lens. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, other minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. COMPENSATION
Compensation includes a salary of $55,000-$60,000 per year, depending on qualifications, and participation in our 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan. Additional benefits for employees regularly scheduled at least 24 hours per week include Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance. Generous paid time off including 7 holidays and a floating holiday.TO APPLY
To learn more and apply, visit https://avenuesforyouth.org/join-our-team
and click on the communications manager position. With questions, contact Kevin Kjonaas at firstname.lastname@example.org