Registration has closed.
AFP-MN’s BIPOC Meet the Funders is a virtual professional gathering opportunity for the Minnesota philanthropic community. Representatives from area foundations will share information about their funding interests and guidelines, including any upcoming initiatives or high-priority focus areas.
Attendees will have the chance to meet in small groups with up to three foundations over the course of the 90 minute event. Conversations will be had in intimate groups of 5-10 attendees at a time, with opportunities to ask questions and engage in discussion during the Q&A portion.
As an organization, we recognize that leaders of color have regularly been excluded from these types of conversations with community funders. In the wake of the killing of George Floyd, we are reminded we cannot stay true to our own values without first accepting responsibility for our own role in perpetuating systemic racism. We acknowledge the fact that on average, the revenues of Black-led organizations are 24% smaller than those of their white-led counterparts (Racial Equity and Philanthropy, 2020).
As an intentional and explicit way of combating this inequity and promoting accessibility, this event is intended and available only for attendees who meet one of the following criteria:
- You identify as a BIPOC fundraiser.
- Your organization’s executive director/CEO is a BIPOC
- Your organization’s board is made up of at least 50% BIPOC
AFP-MN is committed to addressing the systemic inequalities prevalent in the philanthropic sector and creating pathways to success for all organizations and fundraising professionals. We hope you will join us in this work.
Given the popularity of this event, available openings to meet with foundation representatives are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Upon registration, we invite you to send in the following two questions to email@example.com.
1) The BIPOC Meet the Funders event is only available to registrants who meet at least one of the criteria below. Please check all that apply:
- I am a BIPOC fundraiser
- The executive director/CEO of my organization is a BIPOC
- My organization’s board is made up of at least 50% BIPOC
2) Please include the top four foundations you would like to meet with during the Meet the Funders event, in order of preferred priority:
Note: We cannot guarantee that registrants will get to meet with all of their top three selected foundations. Spaces to meet with foundation representatives are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.