Agate Housing and Services | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000
Agate Housing and Services values are:
Integrity: Consistently doing the right thing even if it isn't the popular thing.
Equity: Fighting the status quo by actively examining and changing the way things are done to better represent the people who are most impacted by homelessness and hunger.
Humanity: Understanding how these issues impact us- the community, our staff, and the people we work with- as a collective and developing relationships by establishing trust when we put in work to understand the needs of people experiencing homelessness and hunger.
Creativity: Responding to the needs of the community with innovative and unique solutions.
Agate Housing and Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAE, offering competitive pay and exceptional benefits including; medical insurance, employer paid dental and life insurance, short term disability, 4 weeks of paid time off in the first year of employment, and a 401k retirement savings with an employer match.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & OVERVIEW
-Title: Vice President of Development Reports To: Executive Director/CEO
-Schedule: Mon-Fri, Daytime Flexible Compensation: $110,000 - $130,000, DOQ
-Job Classification: Salaried, Exempt, 40 Hours/Week
-Union Representation: This position is not a union represented position.
The Vice President of Development is a newly created position that will lead the expansion of a comprehensive fundraising program and be responsible for all individual and corporate/foundation revenue goals of Agate. The VP of Development is charged with the strategic, management, and fundraising priorities within the organization in support of Agate’s key objectives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Vice President of Development will oversee and manage all integrated fundraising strategies including annual giving, major and planned gifts, corporate and foundation giving, gift processing/acknowledgement, data management, and events.
Reporting structure to the VP of Development is: Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship, Development Systems Manager, Gift Processing Associate, Community Organizer/In-Kind Donation Manager, Volunteer Development/Internal Engagement, Communications Manager, and Director of Major and Planned Giving. The VP of Development will work closely with the senior staff team and board members on fundraising strategy, high-level donor cultivation, donor engagement activities, and lead the development team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Fundraising Development Strategy and Direction- Time allocation – 20%
· Provide strong strategic leadership by setting ambitious but attainable goals that will increase all levels of giving- major gifts and annual operating - and longer-term priorities of Agate;
· Determine vision, direction, and execution of plans to build and manage a development program, both near- and long-term;
· Ensure long-term, sustainable success of the overall fundraising program.
· Build externally facing relationships to aid in the growth and expansion of philanthropic revenue.
· Align fundraising priorities to Agate’s strategic plan goals;
· Engage the board, other volunteer leaders, and staff to further develop an effective system of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; and
· Manage and grow the development team to achieve or exceed philanthropy revenue targets.
Leadership Level Donor Management – Time allocation – 65%
· Manage and provide strategic direction to all development department fundraising professionals.
· Lead by example, managing a leadership level portfolio of key donors and prospects with the capacity to give $50k or more annually, and personally solicit and close significant major and transformational gifts;
· Support the Executive Director in portfolio cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; and
· Act as an effective ambassador to external supporters, partners, and donors.
Executive and Volunteer Leadership and Management- Time allocation – 15%
· Manage the Development Committee of the Board and Campaign sub-committee;
· Participate as a member of the Agate senior management team; · Manage the fundraising development team - including revenue targets, personnel, and budgets - to ensure a high performing department;
· Maintain strong working relationships with all executive leadership, staff, board leadership and any third-party vendors; and
· Promote a collaborative and positive work environment aimed at elevating skills and exceeding targets
· Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
· 7+ years of proven professional fundraising experience.
· Proven experience developing and executing fundraising strategies and closing major gifts.
· Experience securing major grant funding and working with funders.
· Must possess a genuine passion for and commitment to the mission of Agate Housing and Services.
· Proven success in building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents, individual donors, foundations, and corporations
· Proven experience developing and managing donor plans
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Formidable team leader with demonstrated leadership abilities
· Ability to work collaboratively & foster productive relationships with colleagues, clients, volunteers, vendors, donors, and community
· Proven track record leading professionals, volunteers and staff in productive committee, task force or special project work
· Flexible, innovative, adapts to change, manages multiple projects, and works effectively under pressure
· Proven professional; confident, self-motivated, self-starter, ability to represent organization with excellence
· Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and natural ability to demonstrate a caring attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers, and people who encounter our agency.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Do you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at our organization? Please refer taem! Agate Housing and Services offers a $250 bonus to employees who refer qualified candidates for current openings.
To be eligible for rewards, candidates must be hired as permanent full or part-time employees (this excludes on-call, employees, temporary employees, interns or contract workers).
When applying for the position, candidates must clearly state the name of the current employee that referred them. The referral bonus will be paid out within one month of the candidate's six (6) month anniversary. There is no cap on the number of referral bonuses an employee can receive!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Visit www.agatemn.isolvedhire.com and select the opening for which you wish to apply. Submit your information under "Apply Now" and you will be directed to the full application, where you can upload our resume and cover letter. If you have previously created an account to apply for a position at Agate Housing and Services, log in to your account before attempting to apply for another position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Qualified applicants will be selected for interviews as applications are received. No phone calls please.
Agate Housing and Services is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and strives to promote an environment that is diverse and inclusive where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Employees actively participate in various committees that give voice to staff to create active participation and involvement in shaping the future of our agency. Agate Housing and Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals.