Association of Fundraising Professionals - Minnesota Chapter ValuesApproved by the Board of Directors on December 10, 2020Authenticity
We create environments that allow us to bring our authentic selves together to share, collaborate, and learn from each other.
- We emphasize authentic, mutually supportive relationships
- We move beyond competing with each other
- We show up for each other with our unique selves
We listen to and respond to our communities. In doing so, we build a foundation of trust and respect, supported by transparency and ethical behavior.
- We build two-way relationships
- We look out for each other’s well-being
- We communicate openly and honestly
We understand racism is systemic. To eliminate it, we need to take systemic anti-racist action. We commit to diversifying representation in our field. We commit to building power and agency for BI-POC fundraisers to guide all aspects of AFP's work.
- We work to overcome minimizing racial differences
- We recognize that "best practices" are not "best" for everyone and contribute to systemic racism in our field
- We believe that equity is everyone’s responsibility in this organization
We have a responsibility to the larger nonprofit community and we own our power and ability to ensure a strong and vital field.
- We lead field transformation through education
- We convene essential community conversations
- We are thought leaders in our field
We provide a platform to bridge and grow relationships. We share our unique experiences and expertise, help people feel included, and create opportunities for new and diverse voices to emerge.
- We are stronger when we bring together everyone’s unique experience
- We meet people where they are and then help them meet their goals
- We reimagine what it means to be a colleague