Global Health Ministries | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Global Health Ministries (GHM) is a non-profit committed to improving health in the name of Christ among some of the most vulnerable people in the world. We envision a world where all people have access to a healthy life. Yet, this vision is not yet a reality. We network support internationally to “help the hands that heal” in 13 countries where Lutheran churches manage hospitals, clinics, and community-based outreach to improve health.
Each year thousands of volunteers gather in our Minnesota-based warehouse to help sort and pack medical equipment and supplies to share around the world. At the request of our international partners we also offer grants and volunteer consultants to help our partners build their capacity to move the needle on health in their communities and effect sustainable and enduring change.
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for advancing the mission, vision, goals and objectives of Global Health Ministries by leading and managing a fund development program that secures an increasing flow of revenues from a broad range of philanthropic sources. Hybrid position with at least 3 days a week in-person at the GHM Minneapolis office.
- Report to Executive Director; collaborate with administrative team, staff and volunteers
- Develop, implement, and monitor an annual fundraising plan with specific, measurable goals
- Articulate the ministry’s vision through a strong, clear case for financial support; serve as the public face of the ministry in tandem with Executive Director and others
- At least 50% of the position’s time will be spent on major and planned gift prospects, managing a portfolio of approximately 100 top prospects, and implementing a moves management process that strategically leads donors through a cultivation, invitation, and stewardship process that results in transformational gifts
- Equip the Executive Director in his/her role in development, and position him/her for strategic and successful donor cultivation and gift invitation engagements
- Develop a growing base of annual support through digital opportunities, direct mail, phoning, events focused on fundraising, social media, volunteer engagement and other tactics; test and evaluate new ideas for growing the donor prospect pool.
- Collaborate with the Office Manager in the process of managing the Raisers Edge/NXT CRM
- Lead the strategic pursuit of gifts and grants from foundations, including congregations and corporations
- Collaborate with staff in implementing IRS and other best-practice standards for processing, receipting, acknowledging, tracking and stewarding gifts
- Collaborate with Director of Communications to implement an integrated communications strategy that supports the fundraising goals, across prospect constituencies and technologies.
- Collaborate with any committees, professional advisors, and others to deliver and administer a planned giving program that creates an increasing flow of bequest and other planned gift income
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Communications Director, Board, consultants and volunteers to plan and deliver campaigns.
- Strategically engage board members, committee members, volunteers and staff members in development leadership and fundraising roles
- Demonstrate accountability for and confidence in the development operation’s performance by designing and providing accurate and timely progress reports
- Self-sufficient and timely use of Raisers Edge/NXT database and other technologies
- Plan and manage a budget for the development operation
This job description is meant to serve as an overall summary of the general duties of this position. It is not all inclusive and other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Personal commitment to the values and vision of this Christian faith-based global health organization
- At least 5 years of experience in planning and implementing a comprehensive, integrated fundraising program, including success in cultivating and inviting major and planned gifts
- Motivated by measurable outcomes with strong sales-related, marketing and networking skills
- Articulate communicator who can inspire others to engage in the mission of the organization
- Competent listener who asks the right questions to start important conversations
- Focused and efficient in managing time, communication, resources, and technology
- Strong organizational skills and follow-up habits
- Able to spend 30-50% of ones time visiting the primary constituency base in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area
- Open to occasional travel within the USA or to partner countries for major donor cultivation.
- Bachelors’ degree required, with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/NXT preferred
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. $55-75,000 with 9% retirement contribution and employee healthcare.
Please direct resumes and inquiries to:
Reverend Doug Cox, executive director
Global Health Ministries
7831 Hickory Street NE
Minneapolis MN 55432
Formal review of applications and interview process begins immediately.
Target start date of October, 2023.