Pro-Choice Minnesota | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $48,195-$60,244
This newly created position is responsible for running Pro-Choice Minnesota’s day-to-day development program, including database management, donor communications, donor events, and donor outreach (cultivation, solicitation, stewardship) in tandem with the Executive Director. They will also be responsible for key operational duties, including assisting in financial management, office management, and support of general programming..
This role will work directly with all members of the Pro-Choice Minnesota team, current and prospective donors, vendors and contractors, and others. We seek an organized, thoughtful person who is ready to manage all aspects of a small fundraising program, is comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and understands the basics of nonprofit finance. This role requires some travel and external meetings within the Twin Cities area.
Oversee organization’s development program
- Manage monthly gift acknowledgements
- Ensure all donor information and interactions are logged correctly into CRM database
- Develop and deliver two mail appeals annually
- Manage Executive Director’s donor contact lists
- Collaborate with Executive Director to develop annual development plan
- Conduct prospect research
- Solicit gifts as directed by Executive Director
- Engage in regular staff and donor meetings and other communication
- Write proposals/grant applications/reports as needed
- Support the development, planning and management of thoughtful and productive donor events
Percentage of Time: 75%
Manage Office Operations
- Oversee daily book keeping needs for both organizations in tandem with Accountant
- Assist in data entry for volunteer programs
- Assist in execution of annual audit
- Serve as contact for vendors including building management, insurance brokers, coordinating online store and merchandising, office tech vendors and others
- Manage all office technology and supplies
- Manage meeting and office space scheduling
- Supporting other staff members and programs as needed
Percentage of Time: 25%
Minimum Experience Level
- Two years of development experience within a nonprofit setting OR 3-4 years of relevant/transferrable experience.
- Experience organizing and/or supporting the development of guest-centered events.
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing to a diversity of audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
Amount of Supervision
- The Development & Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director
This position requires:
- An understanding of abortion rights and Minnesota’s unique position in protecting and expanding reproductive healthcare access.
- Ability to handle donor information with care and confidentiality
- Basic knowledge of nonprofit finance, including understanding and translating budgets and revenue trends.
- Basic understanding of non-profit organizational structure and function.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Strong writing and project management skills as they pertain to staff, donor, and board communications.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- A commitment to the mission and goals of the organization.
- A commitment to anti-racism.
- Google Suites
- Knowledge of CRM systems a plus
The Development and Operations Manager has regular contact with the Executive Director, Political Director, Phone Canvass Director, Field Canvass Director, and Board of Directors.
External contacts include members of Pro-Choice Minnesota, members, volunteers, staff at other nonprofits, local pro-choice advocacy organizations, vendors, contractors, and others.
*Even if you don’t meet each of these bullets perfectly, you could be the person we are looking for! So please apply if you are excited about the position and feel that you could do it well.*
We think you’ll be successful in this position if:
- You care deeply about reproductive freedom and expanding and protecting access to abortion in Minnesota
- Know that anti-racism isn’t a destination but rather a constant proactive practice
- Are self-motivated and highly collaborative
- Approach your work with a growth-mindset and a willingness to learn
- Believe that the foundation of good fundraising comes from building meaningful relationships