Hennepin Theatre Trust | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $65,000
Job Description: Corporate Relations Manager
Reports to: Development Officer for Corporate Relations
Revised: August 2023
Reporting to the development officer for corporate relations, the development specialist for corporate relations is primarily responsible for relationships management, prospecting, securing new sponsors and fulfillment. This person is a skilled relationship builder and steward of corporate and sponsorship partners and has experience securing funding in these areas. The development specialist for corporate relations must have experience with sponsorship prospecting, ensuring accurate fulfillment of agreements, and preparing presentations and other materials for prospects and renewals. They will be responsible for creating effective presentations and at times, make sponsorship asks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sponsorship prospecting and fulfillment
- Works closely with the Development Officer for Corporate Relations and the Director of Development to ensure a comprehensive corporate / sponsorship development strategy is implemented to achieve funding goals.
- Promote and build strong partnerships with current and potential sponsors by creating opportunities to engage and effectively communicate the vision and needs of Hennepin Theatre Trust.
- Develop and secure new business by building relationships within the community, networking, identifying new prospects, cultivating relationships, and presenting opportunities to new businesses.
- Arrange corporate meetings and prepare well-crafted presentations to secure sponsorship funding; write, assemble, and submit corporate funding proposals.
- Conducts prospect research and identifies corporate sponsor prospects.
- Maintains records for partners and sponsors.
- Oversees all aspects of marketing collateral that includes sponsor logos and branding, routes logo and branding through internal and external approval processes.
- Communicates regularly with sponsors regarding fulfillment approval, promotions, events, and updates.
- Oversee and grow corporate member program, including but not limited to prospecting and cultivating.
- Responsible for meeting financial goals for corporate member program.
- In coordination with external relations, provides sponsorship recap reports, impressions summaries, and other documentation that demonstrates ROI for sponsors.
- Ensures each deliverable in sponsorship agreements are fulfilled on time and within budget.
- Tracks budget for each sponsorship agreement, monitors expenses, and reconciles fulfillment costs.
- Initiates and ensures accuracy of the sponsorship billing process.
- Monitors sponsorship status through completion and anticipates renewals.
- Assist with in-kind giving partnerships.
Prepares materials for all prospects and sponsor renewals. Collaborate and sources content from external relations and development.
Prepares written materials and presentations for potential sponsors, including fair market value (FMV) and sponsorship value assessments, developing proposals and presentations.
- Acts as sponsor liaison prior to and during any sponsor-related events.
- Emails meeting notices, prepares presentations, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains VIP lists; coordinates with other staff on design and release of invitations; tickets VIPs for Broadway shows.
- Manages the VIP sponsor tickets, PNC Encore Lounge sponsor attendees and event invitations.
- Maintains detailed event records; provides post-event summaries and critiques.
- Makes meaningful connections with sponsors, partners, and prospective sponsors in the lounges during opening night for Broadway shows.
- As needed, ensures prompt settlement with vendors and payment for vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in development.
- Experience conducting prospect research.
- Successful track record in relationships management.
- Familiarity with moves management.
- Active commitment to a collaborative and productive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and proactively and provide good judgment.
- Strong attention to detail, timing, and follow through.
- Able to keep confidential information private and secure.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; specifically, creating presentations and working with computer databases and spreadsheets.
- Proficiency working with CRM databases (Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.).
- Familiarity with prospecting software (iWave, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Physical and Schedule Requirements
Requires some evening and weekend hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. All employees are responsible for following applicable Hennepin Theatre Trust policies and procedures as defined by their manager or Employee Handbook.
Hennepin Theatre Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. To apply: https://hennepintheatretrust.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/corporate-relations-manager/