MacPhail Center For Music | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $56,020 to $65,543
The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for funds raised from individual donors through MacPhail’s Annual Fund, supported by donors generally giving under $5,000 annually. This position is focused on engaging and soliciting gifts from small- and mid-level donors, moving viable donors up to higher giving levels, and managing broad mass market donor outreach. The Annual Giving Manager works with the Development team to develop strategies and implement tactics that increase the donor base and grow philanthropic support for MacPhail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Working with the Vice President of Development, develop an Annual Fund plan with strategies designed to renew and expand our donor base, and strengthen our relationships with donors.
• Create and distribute direct mail and electronic appeals, donor newsletters and the Annual Report.
• Collaborate with marketing team to ensure MacPhail branding and messaging is consistent and complementary throughout all development and marketing communications including Annual Fund materials and appeals, Annual Report, and donor newsletters.
• Oversee vendors executing direct mail activities.
• Work with development team and program leaders to create opportunities for building community, create new donors and increase giving from employees, students, and student families.
• Manage a small portfolio of 10-50 prospects as identified by the Manager and the Vice President of Development.
• Develop and maintain donor relationships through cultivation and solicitation meetings, ongoing communication, outreach, invitations, and expressions of gratitude and thanks.
• Identify donors ready to transition to the Major Gifts Officer and facilitate the relationship building as needed.
• Research prospects, using wealth screening information and other data.
• Establish and follow a system for tracking and reporting on annual giving. Follow a moves management process. Analyze activities and revenue goals.
• Update donor recognition panels and donor materials on annual basis.
• Manage the Give to the Max Day campaign.
• Manage the execution and evaluation of the Music Matters Luncheon development efforts and work collaboratively with the program and marketing staff in planning and implementation.
• Manage the execution and evaluation of Annual Dinner and Madeline Island Chamber Music Dinner Concert.
• Ensure data integrity through use of best practices for Raiser’s Edge entries and reviewing gift acknowledgements for accuracy.
• Support the data contractor and Finance department as needed to tie out monthly and fiscal year-end gift reports and special financial gifts.
• Be present and visible with donors at MacPhail events, including Board events, donor events, and performances.
• Work with development team to plan and execute Board and donor events.
• Consistent and reliable attendance in the office is essential for the success of this role due to the high level of collaboration required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 3+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility in fundraising related field required. Experience with or interest in music preferred.
Skills and Attributes: Exceptional communicator with strong listening, speaking, and writing skills; project management skills; experience and success working with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and ages, from high school students through older adults; proficient with Microsoft Office; experience working with constituent databases, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred. High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising required.
Physical Demands: Occasional lifting, approx. 10 lbs. frequently sitting, working at keyboard for up to 3 hours at a time. Occasional walking, climbing, stairs, stooping, bending, kneeling.
Transportation: Vehicle, valid driver’s license and ability to drive required for attendance at off-site meetings, presentations and events.
Applicants should apply by going to https://macphailcenterformusic.applytojob.com/apply.