College of Design, University of Minnesota | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $35,422.40 - $48,880.00
The College of Design, and its Goldstein Museum of Design (GMD), seek a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and flexible Advancement Assistant to join our team. Advancement encompasses the college’s alumni relations, development, communications and web team, and through innovative strategies builds the agenda to raise awareness about the entire College. This position will report to the Assistant Dean, working closely with GMD, alumni relations, and development leads by providing events coordination, project and office management, communications and administrative support to ongoing and new initiatives. A willingness to learn new responsibilities and software programs, high level of organization, adaptability, and accurate attention to detail are keys to success in this role. This is a 100%, 12-month, continuing labor-represented unit position. This position requires full-time in-person work with future opportunities for remote/flexible work.
Salary Range: $35,422.40 to $48,880.00Responsibilities
Development Support: 30%
- Serve as the technical Annual Giving/Membership Campaign administrator for the college and GMD. Work with colleagues to coordinate mailings, e-appeals and phone solicitations.
- Provide primary administrative support for volunteer committees/boards: plan and support meetings, coordinate communications, track attendance, record minutes.
- Plan and execute yearly donor scholar luncheon, taking into account the diversity of donors (eg: diverse backgrounds, religions, accessibility needs, etc.).
- Make sure all student scholarship recipients write an acknowledgement/thank you letter to donors (in a timely manner) for receiving their award, and ensure award recipients are recorded accurately in the Donor Management System (DMS), or payroll sheets are scanned into DMS for record keeping.
- Carry out additional development recognition projects and provide administrative support for new initiatives.
Alumni Relations Support: 30%
- Serve as a contact/resource for alumni and GMD members; take calls and emails, screen and respond to requests.
- Create, build, test and send emails to alumni and constituents from a variety of backgrounds using SalesForce Marketing Cloud. Track email send rates, open rates, click activity, and user engagement. Collaborate and make recommendations on email scheduling and strategy and maintain a calendar of scheduled communications to guide independent work in this area.
- Prepare and send the alumni e-newsletter in partnership with alumni relations director and communications coordinator for content. Manage alumni email account.
- Primary user of the DMS. Update and maintain constituent records. Submit queries, run reports, and manage engagement coding.
- Maintain event listing on the University’s calendar system.
General Support: 40%
- Work closely with other Advancement/GMD staff to integrate development and alumni relations activities with other Advancement and collegiate activities.
- Actively participate in event planning sessions, helping to ensure consideration of participants’ diversity in culture, accessibility needs, etc. Handle logistics including, but not limited to, invitation and RSVP process, reservation trouble-shooting, tracking, ordering food and supplies, scheduling venues, preparing and maintaining materials, handling and facilitating set-up; completing related financial business documents and event-related forms; handling event confirmations.
- Book reservations and ensure travel expenses, vendor invoices, and reimbursements are completed and submitted.
- Maintain supplies related to team operations (eg: gifts, postcards, thank you notes, etc.).
- Provide support to departments and units on fund administration, with a focus on ensuring private support/foundation funds are used appropriately and comply with Memorandums of Agreement.
- Serve as a liaison between departments, finance, the foundation, and Advancement team.
- Maintain alumni/donor data and mailing lists.
- Provide support to the Assistant Dean with meeting coordination and planning bi-yearly Advancement retreat.
- Provide assistance across the Advancement and GMD teams as directed.
- Hire and supervise Advancement student worker(s).
- Create a welcoming environment to people from diverse backgrounds by providing high quality department reception for visitors to the College.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The University of Minnesota and the College of Design offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Commitment to a healthy work-life balance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and medical leave
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
- High School Diploma/GED and two years of related office and administrative experience. Training/education may be substituted for some of the years of experience.
- Computer experience in a work environment, including experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work productively, professionally, and collaboratively.
- Previous service experience with demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of constituents (from diverse backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, abilities, etc.).
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
About the College of Design
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks. Evidence of self-initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to provide creative solutions.
- Previous experience writing basic and complex correspondence.
- Special events planning and/or coordination experience.
- Experience providing customer service by all three methods: phone, email, and in person.
- Demonstrated discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exposure to or experience with any of the following:
- The University’s Donor Management System or any other database software.
- Mass email marketing/Customer Relations Management (CRM) tools (such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud).
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Electronic communications, including web content systems or social media.
- Previous lead worker experience.
Located within the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, the College of Design encompasses a full range of design disciplines including Apparel Design, Architecture, Graphic Design, Human Factors & Ergonomics, Interior Design, Landscape Design, Product Design, and Retail Merchandising. In addition to its undergraduate and graduate programs, the College of Design houses five research centers, two research labs, and the Goldstein Museum of Design.How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: http://jobsearch.cla.umn.edu/343859.
To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com
or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Inquiries about the search process may be addressed to Zang Lee, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Diversity & Inclusion
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds. The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.