Avivo | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $62,422 - $78,028 per year, DOQ
The Director, Grant Support and Corporate Relations will direct the grants management of Avivo to maintain current base of revenue and develop new sources of support for increased revenue. The Director will develop professional, competitive requests/proposals for funding of Avivo programs according to specifications and timelines of funding sources. This position will manage annual grants and corporate sponsorship calendar to ensure timely submittal, successful outcomes, and reporting and provide supervision of the Government Grants Officer and Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager.
Avivo serves nearly 15,000 individuals each year; helping them achieve recovery, find housing stability, and achieve employment and economic advancement. Serving Minnesota since 1960, we specialize in helping individuals and families who face complex barriers – poverty, homelessness, unemployment, chemical addiction, or mental health concerns – achieve recovery and economic stability. Avivo’s holistic approach to providing crisis shelter, support to find permanent housing, chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services embraces each person’s unique journey. Ultimately, our paired services lay a foundation of health, and social and economic wellness, that transforms lives.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain grants calendar and manage database of funders.
- Develop and oversee plan to prospect new funding sources for Avivo programs requiring additional sources of support.
- Inform management team of new program funding opportunities in the public and private sectors.
- Develop narrative proposals based on information from program staff, pertinent information from previously written proposals, and data from publications and research.
- Present proposal content in a manner that corresponds to directions contained within the funder’s instructions.
- Describe Avivo and the proposed program in a manner that competitively markets the organization’s expertise.
- Customize proposal content and style based upon funder’s expectations and type of audience who will be reviewing proposal.
- Promote and support involvement in the Avivo’s commitment to undoing racism and reducing disparities.
- Hire, onboard and train new employees. Provide supervision, coaching and professional development to staff. Direct reports include the Government Grants Officer and the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager.
- Inspire trust – conduct self with integrity, professional ethics and follow through on commitments.
- Work as an effective team player, effectively translating program plans and ideas into written documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, social work, or other social science field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of experience preparing requests that frequently resulted in funding from federal, state, and local government.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience is required.
- Grants management experience with track record of success securing private and corporate foundation support along with corporate sponsorship.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts. Able to apply these concepts to written requests.
- Excellent grammar and sentence structure skills with clear, concise writing style
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to interact professionally with funders, research sources, program partners, staff and co-workers.
- Able to be productive and multi-task in an environment that may require the development of multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Capacity to prioritize, coordinate, and complete work assignments within deadlines.
- Able to effectively distribute workload among grant writing staff to make the best use of team strengths and maximize department productivity.
- Organized and detail-oriented approach to work with capacity for flexibility as needed.
- Proficient with computer and computer software. This includes Microsoft Word & Excel, as well as Adobe skills to present requests in a professional and appealing manner. along with the use of the Internet for research purposes.
- Proficient with Internet and research sources along with other methods to obtain data and information needed.
- Self-motivated and show initiative to promote securing funds for Avivo programs.
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours to accommodate the needs of the organization. Expected to be available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- In an effort to support the health and well-being of our staff, participants, and the community, Avivo will require proof of COVID Vaccination for all New Hires.
Avivo offers competitive salaries and compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Health insurance coverage is also available for domestic partners, in addition to other optional benefits.HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website at https://avivomn.org
If you have questions on your application, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer