St. Croix Valley Foundation | Hudson, WISalary Range: $48,000-60,000 DOQ
The St. Croix Valley Foundation’s (SCVF) mission is to enhance quality of life in the St. Croix Valley by:
- Encouraging charitable giving in the Valley – building permanent funds that will provide resources for the needs of today and tomorrow;
- Connecting people and programs – bringing together people’s charitable interests and the funding needs of programs and organizations; and
- Encouraging collaboration – forming partnerships and providing servant leadership through programs that enhance the quality of life in our region’s distinct communities.
With offices in beautiful downtown Hudson, Wisconsin, the foundation serves six counties bordering the St. Croix River, two in Minnesota (Chisago and Washington) and four in Wisconsin (Burnett, Pierce, Polk and St. Croix) and supports ten community affiliates. The SCVF has more than $90M in philanthropic assets and facilitates more than $3M in annual grants and scholarships. For more information, please visit www.scvfoundation.org
. The Position
Reporting to the President, the Major and Planned Giving Officer is a front-line fundraiser responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects capable of making significant current and future gifts. This part-time position will work closely with the President to develop the SCVF’s overall major and planned gifts strategies and will personally cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gift prospects for the SCVF and its ten affiliates.
Roles and ResponsibilitiesI. Major and Planned Gift Fundraising
II. Supporting Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary manager of a major and planned gift portfolio, developing and implementing individualized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for each prospect/donor
- Present timely and strategic gift opportunities to prospects/donors
- Coordinate the involvement, when appropriate, of the SCVF President, staff and/or board members
- Train and manage major and planned gift volunteers
- Work with board members and staff to identify new major and planned giving prospects
- Meet established goals, including face-to-face visits, solicitations, gifts secured and funds raised.
- Represent the SCVF within the SCVF region and beyond.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Provide staff leadership and support to the Development Committee of the SCVF Board
- Support affiliate asset development, with an emphasis on endowed funds
- Perform related administrative duties, including timely entry of contact reports, case statement development, and collaboration on cultivation/stewardship events
- Work with staff and board leadership to create and articulate a compelling case for support
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in philanthropy and the community foundation field
- Perform other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; CFRE credentials a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully solicit major and planned gifts or experience in a related profession with an emphasis on relationship development, solicitation and stewardship
- Understanding of and commitment to professional fundraising ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in varied settings with diverse audiences. Tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to strategize, prioritize tasks and deliver results
- Commitment to donor confidentiality and superior customer service
- Ability to thrive in a team environment as a leader, facilitator, collaborator and participant
- Experience and comfort with computer-based data systems
- Ability to travel within and beyond the SCVF region
- A passion for the mission of the SCVF; ties to the SCVF region strongly preferred
- Experience in the community foundation, philanthropic or nonprofit sector strongly preferred
- Familiarity with planned giving vehicles a plus
The starting salary for this part-time (0.6 FTE) exempt position is $48-60K, DOQ. Part-time benefits include paid time off and a 401K plan and match. This position has potential to increase FTE in the next 1-3 years; employees at 0.8 FTE and greater are currently eligible for medical and dental insurance and short-term disability insurance.Application Instructions
Applications will be accepted through Friday, November 19, 2021. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Only applications submitted by email will be considered.