IllumiNative | REMOTESalary Range: $60000 - $85000
Position Title: Assistant Director of Advancement
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Status: Full-time, ExemptPosition Summary
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and serving as an integral member of the IllumiNative team, the Assistant Director of Advancement is responsible for building, expanding and sustaining a thriving corporate giving program and ensuring that this revenue stream plays a vital part in IllumiNative’s success. The Assistant Director will oversee a small initial portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and is expected to dramatically grow the portfolio within a three-year period with gifts ranging from $10,000 to $250,000 through industry and sector specific prospecting, relationship development and excellent stewarding practices. This position will utilize a partnership approach to foundation and corporate giving in order to develop dynamic, flexible and mutually beneficial partnerships. This position is also responsible for managing, growing and sustaining IllumiNative’s robust foundation portfolio.
The Assistant Director will both deepen existing foundation partnerships and prospect, solicit and steward new partners.
The Assistant Director, working closely with the Director of Advancement, is also responsible for helping organize at least two major fundraising events each year along with several funders briefings and several intimate donor events. This position will help oversee all event details including but not limited to securing sponsorships, building host committees, generating ticket sales, securing venues and caterers and helping organize the program. This position will help ensure that event-based fundraising is a successful part of IllumiNative’s revenue and community relations model.Organization Summary
IllumiNative is a national, Native woman-led racial and social justice organization. Our mission is to build power for Native peoples by amplifying contemporary Native voices, stories, and issues to advance justice, equity, and self- determination.
We utilize research, narrative and culture change strategies, movement-building and digital organizing to dismantle white supremacy and mobilize public support for Native issues. To learn more about our work, visit www.illuminatives.org
. Role Responsibilities
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Develop, manage, grow and sustain IllumiNative’s corporate & foundation giving programs.
- Proactively prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing corporate and foundation donors.
- Work with the Director of Advancement and the Director of Communications to include appropriate recognition of corporate & foundation partners in print and web materials and social media.
- Develop fundraising presentations and materials.
- Manage membership roster, recognition and benefit implementation for the corporate & foundation giving programs.
- Develop process for extending strategic and regular invitations to corporate & foundation donors and prospects for meetings and events.
- Develop guest lists for fundraising events in collaboration with the Director of Advancement.
- Prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward event sponsors.
- Generate event-based revenue through securing ticket sales.
- Organize host committees for events.
- Organize and manage event details including venue, talent and catering.
- Organize funders briefings for corporate donors.
- Draft corporate donor solicitation proposals.
- Draft corporate donor acknowledgment letters.
- Perform post-event attendee follow up duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate fundraising and events.
- Integrity, positive attitude, results-oriented, mission-driven, detail oriented, goal-driven and self-directed with demonstrated passion for IllumiNative’s mission and commitment to building power for Native peoples.
- Deep understanding of corporate partnerships and event planning.
- Solid understanding of the importance of CRMs and ability to quickly learn IllumiNative’s CRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other team members within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- An individual who can handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate IllumiNative’s work and mission both internally and externally.
- Ability to build partnerships, collaboration and effective communication with internal as well as external partners and other organizations.
- Commitment to producing high quality work against competing deadlines and strategic objectives.
All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio with relevant samples of your work to email@example.com
. All appropriate materials must be in PDF format.Compensation and Benefits Salary range:
$60,000 to $85,000 Benefits:
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.Hiring Statement
IllumiNative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.