Bridging | Bloomington, MN - REMOTESalary Range: This position is contract, for approximately twenty (20) hours per month. The organization is open to a fee schedule that includes a retainer and/or monthly payment schedule based on an agreed upon total fee or an hourly rate to be mutually determined.
Bridging, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization primarily serving the Twin Cities, provides donated furniture and household goods to families and individuals pursuing housing stability. Bridging gives hope – and for many – a leap toward stability for the first time. With locations in Roseville and Bloomington, Bridging is driven by volunteers and donations of basic home essential items from the community.
Since 1987, Bridging has served more than 100,000 households (more than 300,000 individuals), and reduces landfill space by ~11 million pounds each year. OUR MISSION AND VISION
OUR MISSION: Bridging empowers people to thrive in their homes by providing quality furniture and household goods for those pursuing housing stability.
OUR VALUES: Dignity, Service, Partnership, Stewardship, Excellence and Gratitude
CLIENTS SERVED: More than 4,000 households served per year; more than half of the individuals we serve are children under 17 years of age. ~83% of clients have a household annual income of less than $20,000 per year. (Based on 2020 statistics.)
VOLUNTEERS: Thousands of individual and group volunteers donate service hours each year.
Bridging is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and that enables each person to realize their potential. Bridging’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and levels of physical ability. Bridging is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, and we encourage qualified applicants of all racial, ethnic, LGBTQ+ identities and other groups to apply. Read our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement (DEI) online; https://bridging.org/about-usTHE OPPORTUNITY
Bridging is seeking a Contract Grant Writer who has experience preparing and submitting grant proposals for social service-related funders, specifically in the Twin Cities area and Greater MN. The Contract Grant Writer will report directly to the Development Manager. The grant writer will draft and submit all grant requests to private foundation, corporate, and government funders, as well as final reports for completed grants. Additional duties include prospecting/researching for new grant opportunities.
Typically, Bridging submits 30-35 grants and final reports throughout the fiscal year (January 1 – December 31). Bridging has a contributed income budget of $2.2 million in 2022, approximately $600,000 of which will come from grants. In 2022, we are looking to expand this revenue source with new and increased grant sources.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
A successful candidate will have:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of and belief in Bridging’s vision, mission, values and model
- Strong commitment to equity, dignity and inclusion
- 3 – 5 years of demonstrated experience with grant writing, with a strong track record of securing grants from foundations, corporations and government programs in the Twin Cities area and Greater MN
- Good sense of accountability, strong dependability, and impeccable integrity
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads – skilled in prioritizing and time management
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware, including the ability to both ask for/receive and offer assistance or leadership when and where needed
- Comfortable with and enjoys cross-team collaboration
- Ability to work remotely and in a team environment
- Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Knowledge of research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Xcel and Outlook
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Craft proposals with compelling storytelling and data-driven needs statements
- Responsible for all parts of the grant submission process from research to final reports
- Maintain organized records of foundations in Raiser’s Edge including: proposals, reports, communications to/from foundations, organization contacts, etc.
- Develop program-related budgets in conjunction with program and finance staff
- Research and identify potential new funding sources based on Bridging’s needs in collaboration with the Development Manager
To apply, please submit the following:
- Up to three examples of grant awards from which the applicant has successfully obtained funding (provide specific examples of programs, foundation/government agencies, amounts and purposes of grants).
- Clear demonstration of applicant’s knowledge of, and experience with funding for social service, and specifically housing-related nonprofits.
- Two successful grants written by the applicant that is representative of the applicant’s writing style. Please remove or redact any specific or confidential information, as needed.
- Schedule of proposed fees/rates.
- A minimum of three (3) professional references from clients for whom the applicant has successfully performed similar work.
- Cover letter and resume.
This position is contract, for approximately twenty (20) hours per month. The organization is open to a fee schedule that includes a retainer and/or monthly payment schedule based on an agreed upon total fee or an hourly rate to be mutually determined.CONTACT
To express your interest in this position, please submit your application requirements via email to Maggie.email@example.com
by December 17, 2021. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential. STATEMENT OF NON-COMMITMENT
Issuance of this RFP does not obligate Bridging to award a contract or to pay any costs incurred in preparation of proposals responding to this RFP.