American Public Media Group | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $18.03
Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leader in creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio, Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social media channels, live events, national content creation and distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49 public radio stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and mobile platforms; and produce an increasing and diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental health, water, early brain development, business and investigative journalism. Your Role:
As the Development Coordinator, you provide administrative support to major and planned gift officers and the Director of Development for Minnesota Public Radio. Minimum Compensation:
$18.03/hr. Exact hourly rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.Application Deadline:
Open until filled
Apply Here: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/AME1098APMG/JobBoard/4b7ae4eb-a67b-4318-80fc-6d9467f9c542/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=077f37dd-194f-42f5-a9e1-9e8086779107Position Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Ensure daily follow up to requests for information from donors and potential donors with special responsibility for all inquiries related to major and planned giving.
- Provide support to colleagues by scheduling meetings, updating calendars, sharing meeting invitations, reserving meeting locations, and sending meeting reminders.
- Support data management in SalesForce related to development activities including monitoring and updating tasks, actions, proposals, and other key elements on tracking and reporting.
- Prepare reports from Salesforce for performance tracking and other needs.
- Provide back-up support for creating and sending donor acknowledgement letters during high volume times of year.
- Support prompt, accurate and personal donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with writing, editing, proofreading, and other assignments related to communications by mail, email and other channels.
- Provide coordination for fundraising campaigns, stewardship, and new initiatives by working with vendors and colleagues in other departments.
- Organize and maintain planned giving and estate administration files.
- Scan and upload digital and hard copy files to Salesforce CRM donor profiles.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Salesforce optimization and other processes.
- Scan hard files and upload/attach documents and paper records to donor profiles.
- Attend assigned team meetings and take accurate notes.
- Build collaborative relationships on and off our team.
- Attend and support donor events as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- HS Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience related to administrative support in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience using customer or constituent databases (Salesforce highly preferred), MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint; Zoom
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to engage tactfully with donors and supporters
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to learning about and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at once across teams
- Skills in written and oral communication
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Success in planning for and completing projects on time
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and perform under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn software applications when needed, such as our customized Salesforce CRM
- Previous experience with nonprofit fundraising strongly preferred
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
- Required to move about in an office environment
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.