Hamm Clinic | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $63,307 - $82,300 full time equivalent, DOQ
Job Title: Development Director (.8)
Salary Range: $63,307 - $82,300 full time equivalent, DOQ
Hamm Clinic is seeking a .8 FTE Development Director. This position may be conducted hybrid (some in office time, some remote time), though it is currently fully-remote.
The development professional will oversee Development and Communications in a mission-driven non-profit organization that provides clinical care for adult clients throughout the lifespan. Hamm’s mission is to promote mental health with culturally responsive, relational care for adults, especially for those facing financial barriers. This position reports to the Executive Director and will serve as part of the Leadership Team and the Board Development Committee.
The primary goal of the Development Director is to help achieve our fundraising and communications/marketing goals while building out our new Development department. This position will create the strategy and lead the implementation of all fundraising and communications/marketing activities, working with consultants on grant-writing and graphic design.
Diversity and Equity Vision Statement: Hamm Clinic places the highest value on the dignity and worth of all people. We are committed to providing accessible, equitable, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed care to all who seek Hamm services. Primary Responsibilities specific to the position:
Individual Donor Fundraising
- Work with the Executive Director to steward major donors including tracking engagement and small events
- Create individualized stewardship plans for major donors
- Lead the creation and implementation of a planned giving campaign
- Write, produce, and mail electronic and mailed appeal letter campaigns
- Ensure that all gifts are entered and thank you letters are delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Act as the administer for our fundraising database, Salesforce, including data maintenance and cleanup
- Lead the creation and implementation of our annual communication/marketing calendar
- Administrate social media accounts with the support of a contract development associate by producing content, updating information and graphics while ensuring it is relevant, informative, and engaging to our community
- Elevate the Hamm Clinic brand in the community through the Hamm Clinic website and donor newsletter
- Develop and maintain media/news outlet contacts for promoting Hamm Clinic initiatives and events
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to create and disseminate our annual report
Events, Grants, and Management
- Lead the Board of Director’s Development Committee
- Participate in Leadership Team Meetings to help plan and execute organization-wide strategy and communications
- Present Development & Communications updates at board meetings where appropriate
- Work with Executive Director to manage and steward relationships with various endowments and donor advised funds
- Develop plan for integrating and engaging staff in Development & Communications Department
- Support program staff and Executive Director in putting on our semi-annual conferences and other fundraising events
- Support our contract grant writer in our applications and reports to foundations, local, county, and state grants
- Create a volunteer program to support front desk, events, and other administrative duties as needed
- Demonstrated ability to propose, plan, initiate, and implement development activities, with proven fundraising results
- Postsecondary education or commensurate years’ experience related to Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management, or Social Work.
- Three to five years of experience in development
- Intersectional lens, cultural humility, and awareness of own areas of privilege
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong oral, written, and listening communication abilities.
- Appreciate and participate in a positive, passionate work culture
- A commitment to the principles of Community-Centric Fundraising (https://communitycentricfundraising.org/ccf-principles/)
Hamm Clinic offers competitive compensation and full benefits including PTO, health and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, continuing education stipend, and a 401k. Core Requirement
Hamm Clinic is committed to an integrated model of mental health care with a focus on psychotherapy within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative community. Our goal is to do this work in a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive environment in which all identities are welcome and valued and in which employees strive to maintain an intersectional lens in considering their own privilege and how that might impact their work. It is expected that all are dedicated to learning and supporting this model, as appropriate for their specific duties.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com