College Possible | St. Paul, MNSalary Range: $66,400.00 - $83,000.00
Major Gift Officer
College Possible MinnesotaAbout College Possible
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: a Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of $25 million, more than 140 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2020-21 school year, we will reach an estimated 20,000 students in 49 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at nearly 600 colleges.
College Possible is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education. To learn more: Diversity and Inclusion Plan.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, MN, College Possible also operates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; Austin, TX, and Seattle, WA; and has Catalyze partnerships in MN, IA, MD, TN, NY, CA, and OH.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.orgYour Role as Major Gift Officer
The Major Gift Officer provides leadership and oversight for the all of the organization's work with individuals with annual giving, or capacity for giving, totaling $5,000 and up. This position is responsible for achieving annual revenue and action goals and for developing strategies to increase high dollar gifts from individuals. The Major Gift Officer's primary responsibility is to assess, cultivate, solicit and steward leadership and major gifts from individuals. This person will work closely with the Executive Director, the External Relations Team and Board Members in managing those donor relationships.
What You BringEducation/Certifications/Licenses:
- Prospecting and Cultivation: Oversee prospecting and donor research for individuals. Strategize and work with the Executive Director, Development Director and External Relations Associate to implement cultivation techniques to inspire prospective supporters to become donors. Increase the number of individual donors to the annual operating fund.
- Relationship Management and Stewardship: Manage a robust portfolio of donors and identify new prospects with the goal of increasing our number of individual donors every year. Build on existing relationships and improve donor retention through a meaningful stewardship strategy. Leverage Executive Director, Development Director and Board Members in these efforts. Use tactics such as site visits, friendraisers, meetings with Executive Director, events, etc., to generate new and increased gifts. Oversee our annual appeal process working closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, Senior Communications Associate, External Relations Associate and with the National Fundraising Team.
- Strategic Planning and Analysis: Help build the annual strategic development plan and oversee plan implementation. Manage progress toward funding goals with the use of Raiser's Edge fundraising database. Assist the Executive Director and Development Director with identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects for our Getting to Graduation Campaign.
- Development Operations: Oversee correspondence and reports as related to donor and revenue goals. Assist with the operations and accounting staff to reconcile accounting and revenue receipts. Work closely with National External Relations team on various projects such as the Annual Report, donor reports and newsletters.
- Other Duties as Apparent or Assigned: Work with the Executive Director or Development Director on projects as assigned. Work closely with National External Relations team on various projects such as the Annual Report, donor reports and newsletters.
Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five or more years of experience in fundraising or transferrable related skills (sales, non-profit management, relationship management, volunteer management)
- Prefer previous experience organizing events or managing volunteers.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel and donor database software; Raiser's Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Problem solver, flexible and adapt easily to change;
- Attention to detail, including proofreading and project follow-through.
What We Offer
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds when needed
- Office environment with limited travel
- Ability to stand and/or sit for a minimum of 7 hours a day
In addition to joining a committed, diverse, values-based organization, we offer:
- An opportunity for you to have a tremendous impact both internally and in the broader country
- a competitive salary commensurate with experience
- excellent benefits including complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Encouraged sustainability through a generous paid time off program
- Personalized professional development and growth opportunities
To Join Our Growing College Possible Team
Please apply at: www.CollegePossible.org/careers
Include a resume and cover letter.