|The Development Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the development department including events, appeals, and data, working with volunteers to advance donor engagement, and cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors and prospects.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Advancement and will be part of the Development team for Project Success, and works closely with the Communications Team.
Our ideal candidate has a high attention to detail with excellent organizational abilities - a project manager, communicator, and problem solver. They should be a self-motivated quick learner, with the energy and willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities. They must be trustworthy with a high sense of integrity, with the ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Work with Senior Director of Advancement and Executive Director to identify events and create an annual calendar that support the Project Success mission and goals
- Organize and execute 2-3 annual large-scale fundraising events, including a pledge-based fundraising breakfast and at least one sponsor-driven event
- Organize and execute 4-5 small scale stewardship, fundraising, and cultivation events
- Cultivate and secure financial support and steward relationships through management of any event committees, volunteers, sponsors, and attendees
- Fundraising Appeals:
- Plan and execute all fundraising appeals for the annual fund (an average of three mailings per year and two email appeals), and other appeals as assigned
- Manage design and production of all appeals, including drafting content and package design.
- Manage mailing list development and segmentation
- Database and Online Giving:
- Primary manager of donor and gift data in The Raiser’s Edge and RENXT, including biographical information, gifts, pledges, cultivation activities (actions), appeals, campaigns, etc.
- Manage all online giving portals needed for one-time and ongoing solicitation activities – including GiveMN.org, PayPal, Benevity, Mightycause, Facebook and other online forms
- Donor Relations:
- Manage processing of all charitable gifts to Project Success, working with administrative support staff to process gifts regularly (Activities include collecting donations made online, in person and by mail, entering donation information into Raiser’s Edge-our donor database, processes/codes the gifts to prepare for deposit, and preparing recognition/tax letter to donors)
- Provide constituents with consistent, accurate, compelling and up-to-date information about Project Success through print and electronic communications – such as sponsorship packets, e-mail updates, event invites, committee communications and resources
- Work with the Communications Manager to co-chair activities conducted by community volunteers supporting advancement, primarily through the Engagement and Outreach Volunteer committee
- Work with Senior Director of Advancement on engaging volunteers in donor cultivation and stewardship
Mission, Vision and Values:
- Development Support:
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Advancement in various capacities
- Support other major initiatives developed to support the advancement of the Project Success mission, such as anniversaries, campaigns, funding partnerships, etc.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the success of our students and share the mission, vision, and values of PS.
Mission: Project Success motivates and inspires young people to dream about the future, helps them take steps to get there and gives them the tools they need to achieve their goals.
Vision: Every child entering middle school will graduate high school with a plan for their future and have the skills and confidence that will take them through the rest of their lives.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.):
- Kids First!
- Dependability, Reliability, and Trust
- A Non-Judgmental Environment
- Willingness to Grow and Change
- Love is the Key
- Develop Healthy Relationships
- Clear and Open Communication
- Sustain Excellence
Project Success strives to connect students to their purpose by creating programming that truly serves our students and families. We envision a Project Success where inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are fully integrated into everything we do. We aim to hire individuals that care deeply about students, families, and community, share our values, and are committed to practicing ongoing anti-racism work and I.D.E.A. principles.
For more details on our mission, vision, and values – please visit: https://www.projectsuccess.org/about_us/mission_vision__values/
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Please note that while the below qualifications are preferred for this position, we do not expect any one person to necessarily have all the items listed. We highly encourage people with a wide range of education, experience, and skill levels to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of similar experience (or a combination of training, education, and experiences that provides the required knowledge and abilities)
- 3+ years of experience in a fundraising and/or event management role
- Experience working with volunteers at various levels of involvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated project management skills, working with a variety of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of data and database management
- Tech-savvy and proficient with O365 – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, and follow through
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints, meet short deadlines, and adapt to emerging priorities with unexpected timelines
- Self-motivated, extremely reliable, ability to work with minimal instruction and supervision
- Understands the importance of equity, inclusion, and cultural competency and has a strong commitment to continuous learning and incorporation of new information
COVID-19: For the safety of our students, families, and staff, Project Success has a COVID-19 vaccination policy for all staff and contractors. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
- Ability to regularly handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs., on occasion up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods, including movement up and down stairs and throughout office environment and at events
- Must have reliable vehicle for transportation and a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
This position is a full-time, salaried exempt position, primarily M-F daytime. This role will be hybrid, with aspects of the role required to be completed at the PS office in Minneapolis and at event sites. Details on hybrid schedule to be discussed in the interview process.
The compensation package includes the following:
- $48,000-$52,000 annual salary
- Generous paid time off, including 13 PTO days, 10 sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Excellent Health Insurance with a low deductible (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- Excellent Dental and Vision Insurance (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with up to a 3% match
- Free parking at the PS office
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line including the name of the position, directed to Emily Heagle, Senior Director of Advancement:
To learn more, visit: https://www.projectsuccess.org/news_events/job_openings/
- Cover Letter
- Where you heard about us and/or found the job posting
Project Success is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience levels to apply!