We have an exciting opportunity to become part of the External Relations department at Avivo as a Major Gifts Officer. This role is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and ongoing stewardship of annual and leadership gifts $5,000 to $100,000 and above. This role will maintain a pipeline of 90 to 125 individual donors, couples, or family foundations depending on cultivation stage. At Avivo we believe this is a value driven role best filled by a professional fully aligned and motivated by our mission: Avivo increases well-being through recovery and career advancement while working to end homelessness.
- Develop and execute a major gift prospect strategy, with limited responsibility for prospect research.
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership annual gifts of $1,000 and above through a personal portfolio of approximately 120 individuals.
- Establish, evaluate, and maintain effective relationships with current donors and prospects.
- Develop donor strategies, along with appropriate materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- Regularly and accurately update donor records in accordance with moves management process and data integrity policies.
- Develop a donor solicitation strategy for major gift prospects.
- In collaboration with Manager, Annual Giving, design and operate a donor stewardship program.
- Track and assess major gift fundraising metrics.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication or other social science field or equivalent experience (3-5 years in major gifts).
Five or more years of non-profit fundraising experience.
A minimum of two years planning, executing, assessing, and reporting for successful annual fund programs or campaigns and special events of 100+ attendees.
Avivo offers competitive salaries and compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Health insurance coverage is also available for domestic partners, in addition to other optional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website at https://avivomn.org. If you have questions on your application, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves nearly 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees help individuals transform their lives – move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in people’s lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
WAGE: $59,228 - 74,035 per year, DOQ
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Avivo is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic characteristics.