Ignite Generosity | Grow Giving | HybridSalary Range: $66,517 - $69,223
Our preferred candidate will be a human-first money mover and educator who can help nonprofit partners build capacity and develop new strategies to sustain their work.
Office located in northeast Minneapolis, with co-defined hybrid workspace arrangements available
Full Time, exempt, with co-defined flexible scheduling available
Supervised by the Director of Coaching
Other staff include the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Directors for Community Impact and Operational Sustainability, directors that oversee core programs, and other positions focused on mission delivery and operations
GiveMN is actively looking for people with a broad background of lived experiences and identities. We are committed to hiring a staff that is representative of the communities we serve. We work with our team to create a comfortable and accommodating work environment for people of all abilities and identities.
COVID-19 related public health requirements observed for internal collaboration
COVID-19 related public health recommendations observed for external collaboration
COVID-19 vaccination required
Contract parking, secure bicycle storage, and public transit allowance available
On-site fitness center available (paid for by GiveMN)
Occasional Greater Minnesota and/or overnight travel requested (paid for by GiveMN)
Professional development allowance available, separate from compensation
Wireless connectivity allowance available, separate from compensation
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) available
Philanthropic matching gifts, volunteer matching gifts, and volunteer time off available
Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance and health savings account available
$66,517-$69,223 starting annual salary range
Performance and benchmark compensation increases available annually
Traditional and Roth 401k available with employer Safe Harbor match and discretionary contributionsWhy This Job Is Important
Powering every successful nonprofit is a dynamic vision, mission-motivated people, and fundraising strategies that engage generous communities. GiveMN provides sector-leading tools and services to advance the mission pursuit of Minnesota’s nonprofit organizations including through RaiseMN, where the Community Impact team coaches nonprofit clients on building lasting fundraising strategy and infrastructure.
We’re actively looking for a strategic colleague to help us execute this work and build relationships with nonprofit and school partners looking to grow their fundraising confidence, knowledge, and outcomes. As a GiveMN fundraising coach, you’ll work with peers and partners to help nonprofit and school leaders overcome barriers to achieving sustainable mission delivery and fundraising success. How You Will Be Spending Your Time
- In an average week, you will divide your time between working with RaiseMN client partners, designing capacity building tools and resources, and collaborating with GiveMN teammates
- Developing and delivering learning activities for use in RaiseMN programming
- Partnering with Client Success and Business Development to identify and cultivate prospective, current, and former clients
- Sometimes you’ll be 100% focused on a single project, and at other times you’ll be coaching several external organizations at once
- The GiveMN team is small but mighty, working collaboratively and energetically to advance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You work well across multiple lines of difference, including race, gender, identity, disability, ideology, and religion
- You lead with “yes,” helping others see what they can achieve while supporting them with the encouragement and tools to accomplish their goals
- You’re a facilitator and coach, sharing knowledge with our partners while learning from their experiences and adapting your support to their unique needs while acknowledging the limits of your expertise and lived experience
- You’re a problem solver, having the ability to make the complex simple and help others understand your strategies
- You’re creative, energized by creating something new
- You’re strategic, knowing how to prioritize what should be done, and why it needs to be done
- You’re empathetic, listening first to understand ‘why’
- You’re resourceful, eager to innovate in environments with sometimes constrained resources
- You’re actively listening and learning, bringing innovative approaches to your work from across the philanthropic community
The best candidate for this position is someone who has progressive experience with:
- Fundraising from individuals for nonprofit organizations, schools, or civic causes
- Teaching, coaching, and/or supporting professional and volunteer teams
- Developing and executing fundraising and/or resource development plans
- Listening and responding to community needs with new and improved programming
- Working across multiple lines of difference, including race, gender, identity, disability, ideology, and religion
- It would be a plus if you had experience with:
- Time-limited, digital-first fundraising campaigns
- Small- and medium-sized organizations
- Organizations led by or serving BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA2S+ communities
- Greater Minnesota communities
The best fit for GiveMN is someone who might describe themselves as:
Applying For This Job
- Passionate, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Easy going, always taking the mission more seriously than themselves
- Curious, satisfied only after they have explored numerous possibilities and perspectives
- Confident, yet humble, as comfortable inspiring others and leading a team as they are presenting to large audiences and influential leaders
- Flexible, comfortable navigating uncertainty and adapting to change
- Strategic, identifying and balancing short- and long-term risks and benefits
- Data savvy, able to interpret quantitative data to inform qualitative strategies
- Risk tolerant, open to trying new ideas, learning from mistakes, and continuously improving
- Accountable, thriving on shared outcome-driven work in a collaborative environment
- Values-driven, able to balance personal points of view with the priorities of the organization
To apply for this job, submit a digital file of your resume and an introductory letter to Jenna Ray, Deputy Executive Director of Community Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org
GiveMN is actively looking for people with a broad background of lived experiences and identities. We are committed to hiring a staff that is representative of the communities we serve. If you believe you would succeed in this role and are not necessarily reflected in the description above, we encourage you to apply whatever your background, identities, lived experiences, or geography!
You may also email questions to email@example.com
if necessary.About GiveMN
GiveMN is an independent nonprofit organization working to ignite generosity and grow giving through GiveMN.org, Minnesota’s giving marketplace, and RaiseMN, a fundraising coaching and training initiative.
Since 2009, more than 700,000 donors have made gifts with ease and enthusiasm through GiveMN.org to make a difference for causes in their communities. Through this online marketplace for generosity, and giving events like the annual Give to the Max celebration, GiveMN has helped to generate more than $330 million for nearly 14,000 nonprofits.
RaiseMN serves Minnesota nonprofits through individualized coaching and programs to transform nonprofit fundraising. Focusing on small- to medium-sized organizations, RaiseMN builds more healthy and sustainable fundraising practices so nonprofits can continue to pursue and expand their mission in their communities.
Launched in 2009 by Minnesota Community Foundation, GiveMN is supported by many generous foundation and corporate partners, contributions from individual donors, and revenue from its programs.Equal Opportunity Employer
GiveMN values experience and success in working across multiple lines of difference and strongly encourages candidates of all identities and experiences to apply for this position. GiveMN is an equal opportunity employer.