Banyan Community | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
Banyan Community is seeking people who support the mission of the organization to develop youth, strengthen families, and create community in the Phillips neighborhood. Banyan was founded upon a Christian Community Development model, deepening its neighborhood roots and growing into an organization that welcomes persons of all spiritual and faith traditions to join its community and contribute to its transformative work. We have been a community anchor in the neighborhood for nearly twenty-five years. We work together as an inclusive, asset-based community that values diversity and builds trusting relationships to realize our mission.Primary Responsibilities of the Development and Marketing Director
The Development and Marketing Director is responsible for developing a long-term, donor-centric, comprehensive development program. One that successfully identifies and secures gifts from a broad source of funders including individuals, corporations, foundations, faith-based organizations, and government agencies to increase the financial support necessary to sustain and grow Banyan’s impact. The Development and Marketing Director will work in collaboration with Executive Director, Director of Youth, Family, and Community Programs, Finance Director, Director of Operations, Board of Directors, and other leadership to establish and execute annual fundraising and development priorities goals.
There are four basic components of the job:
- Create and Implement Annual Development Plan: Extend the overall vision and annual development plan to support the Banyan Community
- Major Gifts Program – manage and grow major gifts program
- Annual Fund – manage and grow annual fund and lead the publication of the Annual ReportGrant Strategy - oversee the comprehensive grants strategy
- Manage personal relationships with foundation personnel
- Develop process to identify new grant opportunities
- Create strategies for screening, rating, assigning, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects
- Develop metrics for ongoing donor analysis, tracking results as needed by appeal, campaign, and year-end totals
- Employ donor management software to record all donor interactions, transactions, and information for organizational record keeping, trending, and forecasting
- Create annual development/marketing budget to support fundraising metrics and to manage goals
- Plan and Manage Events: Execute events in support of the Annual Development Plan
- Design and implement fundraising events, including major Fall, Spring, and Hey Banyan! events
- Lead staff and volunteer teams in planning and managing events
- Oversee goal setting, event logistics, promotion, vendors, expense/revenue tracking and reports, sponsorships and volunteer coordination and management
- Facilitate other events as identified
- Oversee Marketing and Communications: Develop and advance a marketing and brand management plan to share the Banyan story in a way that supports the overall development plan.
- Communicate our brand through marketing and external messaging, including all donor communications, annual report, website and social media.
- Manage Banyan’s external relations including press releases, media relations, and speaking engagements, and coordinate with videographers and graphic designers as necessary in this process
- Manage Banyan’s messaging and branding within the neighborhood and in support of program staff.
- Support the Executive Director as the chief spokesperson for Banyan Community
- Serve as a public representative of the organization in cultivating relationships with key corporate and foundation representatives to build awareness of and commitment to the mission.
- Nurture donor allegiance to the mission and vision to encourage donor growth and retention.
- Manage Banyan’s photo stock and implement a process to capture, organize, and access photos, to create a visual story of the impact of Banyan’s asset-based development model.
- Demonstrate Strong and Collaborative Leadership
- Build upon and supervise strategic development teams of board members, facilitate the development committee, direct volunteers and staff in development-related initiatives.
- Supervise the grant writer to accomplish annual operating grant goals
- Direct, coach, support, and evaluate the performance of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and Development Associate
- Be an active and collaborative member of the Leadership team and contribute to a positive culture
- Actively contribute to the success of the strategic and budgeting planning processes
- Work constructively with managers and teams to tell the compelling story of Banyan
- Report to and meet regularly with Executive Director to provide assistance and support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience and success in raising revenue from foundations, corporations, public entities, and individual donors is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in communications and marketing is preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising management, federal and state legislation affecting nonprofits, special event planning, and personnel management preferred.
- Experience in grant management with a proven track record of securing grants from corporate and foundation funders.
- Strong written communications skills, including the ability to write with clarity and accuracy.
- Proficient with or willing to learn Microsoft Office, Outlook, eTapestry, Adobe Creative Cloud, social media accounts and new software applications as appropriate.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
Compensation: This is an exempt, year-round full-time- 40 hr. position with full benefits (requires day and occasional evening and/or weekend hours). Salary range: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 DOQ. Healthcare premium (100%), short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, SIMPLE IRA, cell phone reimbursement, employee development, paid holidays, vacation and personal time. $5,000 signing bonus after 90 days of employment.