NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center’s (NorthPoint) mission to create a healthier community is based on three pillars that provide the foundation for serving the North Minneapolis community: Whole-Person Integrated Care, Building Community Well-Being, and Health Equity. Whole-Person Integrated Care
NorthPoint offers a continuum of social and health services that integrates medical, dental, and behavioral health with human services to improve quality of life. We strive to serve our community by addressing the physical, behavioral, social, and spiritual aspects of health in culturally responsive and trauma-informed ways.Building Community Well-Being
A community’s sense of well-being includes social, economic, environmental, cultural, and political conditions identified by the members of a community as essential for them to “flourish and fulfill their potential.” To build and nurture community well-being, we must understand that population we serve to improve their health, safety, and access to the services they need.Health Equity
NorthPoint is committed to health equity which requires valuing everyone. We strive to reduce the social, economic, and health inequities experienced by the community and the people we serve. We work with community partners to support people in reaching their full health potential.General Job Statement:
The Communication and Development Team is responsible for the full range of fund development activities and volunteer engagement for the organization.
The Development Manager supports the design and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising and development program that will include research of grants and requests for proposals, individual, corporate and foundation giving, annual giving, direct mail campaign, volunteer engagement, and other development strategies. The Development Manager will supervise three staff: the Development Associate, Grant Writer, and Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. Successful Candidate Traits and Skills:
- Strong affinity for the mission, vision, and values of the organization with the ability to translate those guiding principles into the current standards, best practices and techniques of development and fundraising.
- An advocate that believes there is a need to address and support a continuum of social and health services that offer whole person, integrated services, and results in the reduction of social, economic, and health inequities.
- A champion of diversity, inclusion and embraces cultural differences while honoring everyone's dignity, though process and contributions.
- Understands how to lead in an unselfish manner which means it is not about you. It is about the people who make it all work.
- An expert storyteller that creates a dynamic development and fundraising strategy that inspires a culture of philanthropy across the organization, community, and business sector.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a keen understanding of donor characteristic and motivations.
- Deep commitment to, high energy and enthusiasm for raising funds for a dynamic and growing health and human services organization.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or non-profit management or related field, required.
- Minimum three years of experience in fundraising, event planning or other development-related duties. Certified Fund-Raising Executive certification a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the agency.
- Proven management experience including, program planning, budget responsibilities, and the ability to effectively manage details and the organization of multiple projects.
- Experience in engaging with corporate culture, executive level contacts and involvement of corporate culture philanthropy.
- Understands general business and financial principles required to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for performance, such as pipeline management and forecasting.
- Must be a strategic thinker who is self-motivated, action oriented, detail oriented and results driven with excellent problem solving, perseverance and follow through, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term, but to be able to translate long-term goals into short-term actions.
Our workforce reflects the community we serve, and we work hard to embrace diversity, inclusion, and equity. The organization encourages everyone at NorthPoint to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of programs and family-friendly benefits to all our employees.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance Policy, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Flexible Work Hours
The passion and dedication of our employees makes this a great place to work! If you are seeking a rewarding and challenging position that makes a difference in the community visit our website at www.northpointhealth.org
and express your interest under Employment Opportunities Human Services.