Wallin Education Partners | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $59,000 - $64,000
Mission and Vision
The mission of Wallin Education Partners is to ensure college and career success for high potential students from low-income backgrounds, and through our efforts help build diverse, equitable and vibrant communities. We do this through a comprehensive model of financial aid and holistic support, and collaboration with our business, education, community, and philanthropic partners. Our vision is a future where all students have full access to college and career success, where every scholar can reach their full potential, and where our program helps build a more equitable society. Organization
Wallin Education Partners is a proven college completion program that includes financial aid and comprehensive support for students from low-income backgrounds. With a 90% six-year graduation rate compared to 64% nationally, Wallin Education Partners is one of the most effective college completion programs in the country. Wallin’s model of financial aid and comprehensive individual advising accelerates economic mobility and fundamentally increases the odds of graduation and employment for underrepresented students. Since 1992, Wallin Education Partners has helped increase access to college and degree completion for lower-income students by partnering with high schools, donors, community organizations, and civic leaders to support more than 6,000 students on their college journeys.Position Overview
Wallin Education Partners is seeking a Manager of Advancement Operations to join our team. We are looking for a professional with significant nonprofit development experience who is passionate about increasing educational opportunity and who is excited to play an essential role in the continued growth of our organization. The Manager of Advancement Operations provides support for all development aspects of Wallin Education Partners including, but not limited to managing the donor database, running reports and queries on donors and prospects, generating acknowledgment letters, event planning, alumni activities, providing support to the Advancement team for fundraising-related activities, and sharing development-related metrics with appropriate internal and external staff to support philanthropic activities.Primary Responsibilities:Development Administration (55%)
Database Management (30%)
- Provides administrative support to the Deputy Director, Director of Development and Gift Officers to ensure success of the Advancement department.
- Prepare reports on major gift, annual fund, foundation, alumni, and corporate giving activity for organizational leadership.
- Support alumni engagement and cultivation activities
Donor Stewardship & Prospect Research (15%)
- Process donations within the Technolutions Slate database.
- Lead ongoing maintenance of the development database using industry best practices.
- Create and generate reports, queries, exports, and mailing campaign lists as needed.
- Provide timely and accurate receipts and acknowledgment letters.
- Conduct detailed research on top prospects (new and existing) to determine appropriate capacity ratings and philanthropic inclination.
- Coordinate and facilitate donor/scholar interactions.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in business development, administrative support, database management, event management, or similar role.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience in data entry and CRM database utilization.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-directed and highly accountable for achieving agreed-upon goals and outcomes.
Beyond the basic qualifications, candidates must demonstrate a commitment to Wallin Education Partner’s mission and values—and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through learning, training, and dialog on an ongoing basis.Compensation
$59,000-$64,000 annually. Wallin offers employees a generous benefit package including group health insurance, dental insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, and a 401K plan. Additional Info
For further information on Wallin, please visit www.wallinpartners.org
. Wallin employees are working in a hybrid capacity. Wallin policy requires staff to be fully vaccinated in order to visit the main office, subject to reasonable accommodation.How to Apply
If interested, please forward cover letter and resume to Erin Zondervan at firstname.lastname@example.org
and include Manager of Advancement Operations in the subject line; or mail to Wallin Education Partners, 451 Lexington Parkway North, Suite 100, Saint Paul, MN 55104.
Wallin Education Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Wallin Education Partners provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and will not refuse to hire any qualified individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of an individual’s race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.