Nexus Family Healing | Plymouth, MNSalary Range: $65,000 - $80,000
Nexus Family Healing is looking for an Annual Giving Manager to join our Development team!Position Summary:
Our Annual Giving Manager is responsible for establishing the annual giving plan and aligning daily work and activities with the overarching goals and objectives of the Nexus Foundation for Family Healing. In collaboration with the Foundation Team, Marketing and Communications (MarCom), and agency leaders, the Annual Giving Manager will enhance and maximize donor engagement, contributions, and retention, while attracting and retaining new donors. This role will also develop, report, and analyze key performance indicators that support the progress toward the annual giving goal. Primary responsibilities:Annual Giving Planning & Implementation
Foundation Goals, Reporting & Analytics
- Leads the development and communication of the annual giving plan that meets Foundation goals through cultivation, engagement, solicitation and recognition of individual donors and employees.
- Develops and implements annual giving strategies and campaigns including direct mail, in-kind donations, monthly giving, workplace giving, online and peer-to peer fundraising and internal employee giving.
- Collaborates with Foundation Team, MarCom, and Agency Leaders to identify giving opportunities and create strategies and campaigns to engage and grow donor support.
- Fosters mutually beneficial community partnerships for gift drives, community events, and community presentations, working directly with community members, donors, and agencies.
- Leads Nexus Family Healing’s Employee Giving Program in collaboration with Foundation Team and Agency Leaders and Staff.
Communications Department & Foundation Operations
- Collaborates with Foundation Operations Manager to analyze and interpret donor data including giving frequency, consistency, responsiveness, and events attended; identifies giving trends and patterns, and creates growth goals and objectives.
- Measures Foundation analytics; prepares and presents key performance indicators to the Sr. Director of the Foundation and Foundation Team as well as agency leaders.
- Works with Foundation Team to establish annual revenue goals and track progress toward those goals throughout the fiscal year.
- Uses strategy and segmentation to lead efforts to engage new constituencies, renew and increase support from existing donors, and re-activate lapsed supporters.
- Strategic Collaboration with Marketing
Donor Experience & Engagement
- Assesses and interprets donor annual giving activity in partnership with MarCom and Foundation Operations; develops and maintains well defined plans that support donor acquisition, communication, engagement, and retention.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Team to customize marketing content and materials that tailor and target donor communication and outreach including donor specific social media content, direct mail campaigns, website landing pages, and stewardship materials.
- Collaborates with MarCom and Foundation Team in developing strategy and content for donor newsletters, annual reports, and other donor related publications.
- Works with MarCom and Nexus Agencies to accumulate and document client success stories, sharing the impact of donations to youth and families through writing and storytelling via newsletter and social media.
- Partners with MarCom to expand online presence by promoting peer to peer fundraising and leveraging fundraising through multiple channels; creates an engaged online community appealing to existing and prospective donors.
Required Education and Licensure:
- Develops and promotes creative opportunities for donors to give in ways that are accessible to the donor and resonate with their giving ideals.
- Maintains and nurtures donor relationships by responding to donor inquiries and ensuring consistent follow up via email, phone, in person connections, and social media.
- Facilitates and coordinates creative and meaningful donor stewardship, outreach, and engagement strategies in conjunction with Foundation Team members.
- Seeks to understand the unique culture and nuances of each Nexus Agency; tailors planning, promotion, programs and communication to agencies as needed, resulting in maximized and well-informed giving.
- Builds rapport and credibility with Agency Staff and Executive Directors (EDs); creates line of sight between internal and external donor giving/engagement and the Nexus mission and philosophy.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, OR Combination of education and related experience, in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years’ experience working with a development and/or philanthropic entity and engaging donors
- 2+ years working with CRM software (Blackbaud preferred but not required)
- 2+ years’ experience developing, tracking, communicating, and attaining strategic departmental goals, objectives, and performance indicators.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising best practices with digital marketing, social media and paid advertising expertise and experience.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, Office 365, and ability to learn computer software programs
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Home Office driving requirements
ICARE Values & Behavioral Competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience working with a development and/or philanthropic entity and engaging donors.
- Preferred experience in managing annual giving programs
- Innovation: Leading the way and implementing creative, cutting-edge ideas and approaches.
- Compassion: Listening, honoring differences, and showing respect, kindness, empathy care, and concern.
- Agility: Exhibiting flexibility and adapting quickly.
- Responsiveness: Being quick, positive, and accurate.
- Excellence: Demonstrating quality results that surpass ordinary standards.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: At Nexus Family Healing, our voices and actions will be focused on recognizing, affirming and respecting people of every race, ethnic background, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender expression and faith.