Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Development Officer, Annual Giving to advance MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 41st year, MHIF team members collaborate to further important initiatives, supporting leading physicians as they seek to answer the most compelling questions about heart health challenges. This an excellent opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a high impact role with an innovative and progressive organization.
The Development Officer, Annual Giving, develops and executes year-round fundraising strategies and activities to carry forward the mission and vision of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation. Their efforts will ensure effective and efficient utilization of annual appeals to cultivate, solicit and steward donors who give less than $10,000 annually. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to envision, build and execute, and collaborate with Development and Marketing colleagues for an integrated approach when furthering our annual giving efforts.
- In alignment with MHIF’s vision, mission and strategic priorities, create annual giving program strategies, approaches and process for a sustainable process and result.
- Create and plan annual giving campaigns and project lead all related activities. Identify resources needed for execution and communicate and oversee workplan to include lead planning, list development, mailings and all logistics and analytics. Utilize Asana for central project tracking and documentation of processes. Also evaluate any monthly or ongoing giving programs and execute accordingly.
- Develop, calendar, and execute a comprehensive plan for all annual fund solicitations for the year, making appropriate adjustments as necessary to respond to changes and opportunities throughout the year.
- Carry and further a portfolio of donors giving between $1-10k annually for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Write solicitation content and other donor materials as necessary.
- Optimize Salesforce beginning with documenting all donor interactions in Salesforce and all data entry for annual fund constituents. Make data driven decisions utilizing
- SalesForce reports to analyze and evaluate solicitations
- Work closely with development operations team, marketing team and major gifts team to ensure alignment and assist with donor events and education events.
- Assumes other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Advancement. Work collaboratively with the development team and add value on team initiatives.
- Represent the Foundation within the community by attending and actively participating in appropriate internal and external functions and events and professional organizations. Maintain an active personal network and serve as an MHIF ambassador throughout.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3+ years of Annual Giving experience
- Proven track record effectively building/managing a successful annual giving program
- Experience at a large non-profit, preferably with exposure to health care or higher education
- In addition to donors, experience working with senior leadership, board members and senior professionals and stakeholders e.g. physicians as well as staff
- Self-starter who has built programs and processes before and enjoys doing so. Strategic in building a sustainable process and willing to be hands on in the execution
- Demonstrated collaborator and team player with cultural competence
- Self-directed with outstanding follow-through, accountable
- Experience with CRM software, preferable SalesForce
To apply to join our talented 90+ person team:
Please apply on line using the link below and be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
Please click on the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=460342&source=CC2&lang=en_US