Children's HeartLink | Edina, MN
Salary Range: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Children’s HeartLink is a nonprofit humanitarian organization based in Minneapolis. To save the lives of children with heart disease, we partner with organizations to train medical teams, provide education, and transform health care in underserved parts of the world. One in 100 children are born with a heart defect, and 90 percent of these children live where there is inadequate medical care. We currently support partner hospitals and programs in Bangladesh, Brazil, China, India, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
Children’s HeartLink core values:
- Integrity: We build trusting relationships across cultures and honor our commitments.
- Innovate: We challenge the status quo, learning and improving.
- Collaborate: We work together and connect others to achieve desired results.
- Quality: We strive to deliver high quality programs and services.
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator is an integral member of the Development team and is responsible for ensuring donor gifts are recorded accurately and providing donors with appropriate and timely gift acknowledgement. This position ensures donor information is tracked in the database and recorded accurately. This position is essential to the data integrity of the donor database and executes best practices for data management. The position will provide service to all Children’s Heartlink teams.
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Development. This position has no supervision responsibilities.
A. Donor Appeals
- Assist with preparation and distribution of donor appeals and stewardship reports.
- Collaborate with communications team to manage online giving programs (e.g. Classy, peer-to-peer campaigns, etc.).
- Collaborate with Development team to prospect, manage, solicit and steward workplace, federated and state giving campaigns.
- Partner with Development team to enhance donor relationships, increase likelihood of continued support and develop new recognition opportunities for donor communities.
- Assist with events and manage event registration as needed.
B. Database Management and Reporting
- Maintain accurate database by managing donor and volunteer entries, adding and updating constituent records and entering key donor interactions by staff.
- Oversee database management and administration, manage data entry standards to ensure consistency and integrity of database.
- Perform database queries, generate reports, segmented export lists, and mailing lists as needed and as requested.
- Review and audit data for accuracy, investigate and resolve discrepancies, provide leadership in ongoing database maintenance.
C. Donor Acknowledgement and Finance Tracking
- Produce gift receipt and individualized acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for new and existing donor acknowledgement by thanking donors through email, letter or phone; or connecting with team members for acknowledgement.
- Communicate with donors effectively to gather information needed to process donations.
- Process online donations and event registrations through Blackbaud.
- Collect, code and enter all gifts and pledges as they are received via mail or online.
- Prepare, run and distribute weekly cash report, working with Finance to ensure all deposits are recorded.
- Track event sponsorships, donor pledges and other account receivables and provide list to Finance team to produce invoices.
- Update and maintain Children’s HeartLink profiles for Charities Review Council, Charity Navigator and Harbor Compliance.
IV. General Office Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, retreats and special sessions.
- Attend Children’s HeartLink events.
- Participate in yearly performance reviews.
- Ability and willingness to become familiar with software tools.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and read news and relevant materials to remain current.
V. Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience in data management and donor stewardship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropic support, fundraising, donor relations and gift processing.
- Experience managing donor/relationship software, preferable e-Tapestry.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent customer service/public relations skills, verbal and written communication.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Stellar organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with others as a team and in support of a positive work culture.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities and changing priorities.
VI. Additional Information
- This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, disability, 403(b) with match, PTO and 15 paid holidays.
- Physical demands are the ability to sit for extended periods of time with the use of computer, keyboard, and mouse. The job may include the ability to lift, move, or retrieve objects up to 30 pounds and bend, stoop, crouch, and reach to perform work functions.
- Children’s HeartLink offers a hybrid work model, supporting remote and in-office work.
- Work schedule and location is flexible but candidate should have availability to work the majority of hours during regular business hours and dedicated time each week in the office.
- Hired candidate shall reside in Minnesota at the time employment begins.
VII. How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following items to Ann Odens, Director of Operations and HR, at email@example.com.
- cover letter, including salary requirement
- contact information for three references
Thank you for your interest in Children’s HeartLink.