Catholic Charities Twin Cities | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $76,000 - $90,000
Catholic Charities of the Twin Cities is looking for a dynamic, talented and experienced fundraising professional who is seeking work in a rewarding and collaborative environment to assist CCTC with its mission to serve those most in need and to advocate for justice in the community.
If you have a passion for this work, we want to hear from you!
The Major and Planned Giving Officer is an experienced fundraising professional, who, along with a team, develops resources to support a $60M+ multi-service social service agency. This position reports to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and is responsible for actively managing a portfolio of 125 to 140 major donors. This position works closely with two other major gift officers to effectively advance existing funding relationships and discover new major donors that come to Catholic Charities through a variety of strategies. This position requires experience to intentionally develop donor relationships that advance the impact of Catholic Charities.
The work of individual donor relations at Catholic Charities is a rich experience with a large donor base. The organization and development team are poised to significantly increase annual operating dollars to adequately fund the day-to-day operations and to increase an already significant investment pool of funds from planned gifts.
- Designs and executes individualized donor engagement strategies to advance philanthropic relationships, using tools like Raiser’s Edge, Crescendo and other resources.
- Actively develops a portfolio of 125 – 140 Major and Planned Gift donors through plans that align the donors’ authentic interest with the needs of the organization.
- Commits to measurable activity goals that drive consistent fundraising results.
- Works closely with other gift officers and the Director or Major and Planned Giving to determine the best strategy for each donor.
- Works closely with the Planned Giving Coordinator to discover planned giving commitment opportunities.
- Works closely with Development team to transition donors into active portfolio management.
- Works closely on Catholic Charities’ campaigns to identify unique opportunities for individual major donors to provide transformational funding.
- Represents the mission of Catholic Charities with the highest integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum of five (5) years of successful fund raising and portfolio management experience with a non-profit organization. Without bachelor’s degree, seven (7) years of experience required.
- Strong written, oral, and public speaking communications skills required with demonstrated ability to make personal calls/visits to prospects/donors.
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, nights and/or weekends for events and donor meetings.
- Must demonstrate mature judgment, initiative, and the ability to make independent and effective decisions.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel required, Raiser’s Edge, experience preferred.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and identify with the mission, goals, and objectives of Catholic Charities.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of best practices and techniques related to estate and tax planning and its applicable laws, codes, and regulation.
To apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=07f22ed0-1860-41c0-8c62-d163ab1e89e7&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US&jobId=463214