Minnehaha Academy | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
About Minnehaha Academy:
Minnehaha Academy is a top-tier private, Christian Pre-K to 12 school in Minnesota, celebrated for offering students a rich and diverse educational experience rooted in Christian values. As a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America, we draw on a strong tradition of academic excellence, and we are committed to nurturing each student’s unique strengths and abilities in a caring, supportive environment.
Our two school campuses are located on the shores of the Mississippi River that runs through Minneapolis among its many vibrant communities, offering wonderfully diverse cultural experiences, exquisite nature parks, and many local cuisine options.
The Office of Development at Minnehaha Academy is seeking an experienced, motivated, and resourceful Development Officer to join our dynamic fundraising team. The role is full time and is a 12-month position with no direct reports. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Officer will play a pivotal role in establishing and nurturing valuable relationships with our community of donors, with an emphasis on soliciting major gifts to support the mission and strategic goals of Minnehaha Academy.
As a Development Officer, you will:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our mission, programs, and strategic goals to effectively communicate them to donors.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors, developing and implementing strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for each; craft bespoke communication strategies to secure annual, capital, and legacy donations.
- Identify new prospects through collaborative research and networking; assess their ability and willingness to make significant gifts.
- Build and deepen donor relationships, facilitating growth in strategic fundraising efforts while expanding the school's presence in the private education landscape.
- Work collaboratively with the development team, school leaders, and board members to align donor interests with school needs and priorities.
- Create and present compelling proposals to prospects and donors, demonstrating the impact of their gifts on our students and the wider school community.
- Ensure timely and accurate record keeping of donor interactions and donations in the database; produce regular progress reports.
- Help plan, coordinate, and host donor visits/tours, special events, and recognition programs to foster a greater sense of connection with our school.
- Support robust enrollment efforts across all divisions in alignment with the school's mission.
- Deliver exceptional stewardship, elevate donor retention, enhance future giving/engagement.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Experience in fundraising or related field, with a progressing trajectory or transferrable skills geared towards major gifts.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships, shown by successful solicitation outcomes.
- Robust interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and programs.
- Excellent persuasive communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional reading, writing, editing, research, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated resilience and the ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High degree of discretion and respect for donor confidentiality.
- Technical proficiency in:
- Apple (Mac) hardware preferred, MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Collaborative work platforms (Slack, Zoom).
- Donor management software (Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge).
- A genuine commitment to Christian education, showcased through a Christian lifestyle that integrates faith with learning and life; ability to articulate its significance to various stakeholders.
What We Offer:
- At Minnehaha Academy, we understand the importance of a balanced professional life and offer:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and retirement plans.
- Professional and personal growth opportunities, including career advancement and various workshops and seminars.
- A supportive, collaborative work environment, allowing flexibility in work hours.
- A dedicated team to collaboratively fundraise with.
- Access to state-of-the-art school facilities and active participation in community activities.
- Discounted meals from our professional food service provider during the school year.
- Free parking on both campuses.
- The opportunity to make a real impact on the students' lives and the broader community.
Join us and become a Redhawk!
The Development Officer will play a significant role in ensuring the longevity of our school, enabling us to continue providing a high-quality, faith-based education to students in our community. If you believe you possess the faith, passion, skills, and dedication for this role, we would like to hear from you!
To learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply for this role, visit www.minnehahaacademy.net.
Minnehaha Academy is an EEO/AA employer.