Pinky Swear Foundation | Edina, MN
Salary Range: $60,000 - $72,000
Donor Engagement Manager (Major Gifts)
Pinky Swear Foundation
At Pinky Swear Foundation (PSF), we believe that no family should have to face the devastating impact of childhood cancer alone. Our organization was founded on a simple promise - to be there for kids with cancer and their families. Today, that promise lives on through our mission to provide immediate financial and emotional support to children with cancer and their families.
Since our inception 20 years ago, we have been dedicated to helping families overcome the many challenges that come with a childhood cancer diagnosis. We understand the immense financial strain that families face during treatment, which is why we provide financial assistance for basic needs like rent, utilities, and groceries. But we also know that the emotional toll of cancer can be just as difficult to bear, which is why we offer a range of support programs designed to help families cope with the emotional challenges of childhood cancer.
Through our unique combination of financial and emotional support, Pinky Swear Foundation has helped countless families navigate the challenges of childhood cancer. We are committed to continuing this important work, and we are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us make a difference in the lives of children and families facing cancer.
Purpose of Position:
To secure funds for the organization by fulfilling the interests and passions of donors by providing them with giving opportunities, encouraging them to give, and assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are elevated in their giving and involvement.
- Cultivate donor relationships and manage a caseload of 150 donors ($1,000+).
- Create and manage individual goals for each constituent on the caseload.
- Create a plan for each constituent, driven by individual passions and interests and communication preferences, and execute that plan.
- Secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks.
- Track all relevant information in donor engagement plan as well as Raiser’s Edge database.
- Create monthly reports on caseload progress, predicting and updating revenue from caseload.
- Perform other major donor activities and other duties as required.
Performance will be Measured by:
- Qualifying and disqualifying donors: including appropriate documentation.
- Achieving overall agreed-upon revenue goal based on individual donor goals.
- Retaining and elevating donors: including cultivation of transformational gifts.
- Developing a personal contact and ask plan that considers the individual donor’s interests, motivations, giving patterns, and ask and communication preferences.
- Securing project and organization information and creating and writing effective offers, proposals, and asks.
- Reporting back to donors regularly and timely.
- Creating internal reports and scorecards that reflect caseload performance.
- Embodying Pinky Swear Foundation’s values: compassion, collaboration, and celebration.
- Commitment to Pinky Swear Foundation’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Highly collaborative, creative, curious, energetic, and self-directed.
- Strong attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
- Willingness to support in-office activities and events as needed.
- Openness to feedback and coaching for ongoing learning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and demonstrated success in managing different stakeholder needs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in development, fundraising, communications, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of nonprofit development with major gifts fundraising experience preferred.
- A proven track record of helping a non-profit meet fundraising goals in collaboration with an energetic team is preferred.
- Proficiency with:
- Nonprofit CRM (preferably Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- E-mail platforms
- MS Office
This position requires in-office work one day/week, Monday-Friday. Our office is in Edina, MN. November through December may require additional in-office work Monday through Friday with limited flexibility in time off, including between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, holidays, paid family leave, and unlimited paid time off. We also offer a Simple IRA plan with a 3% employer match and a cell phone allowance.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging:
Pinky Swear is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse communities including, but not limited to, people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and women. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to HR@pinkyswear.org. All applicants will be sent a short but required questionnaire to complete after emailing their documents to our HR inbox. Please submit your application by November 17, 2023.