Prodeo Academy, a network of public charter schools serving the Twin Cities, is a meaningful education solution committed to closing the opportunity gap through data-driven instruction in a culture based on five core values: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Development, and Engagement. Shared expectations around these values enhance the opportunity for our scholars to reach their full potential, and we are excited that our scholars have grown faster than other students on nationally benchmarked exams since we opened in the fall of 2013. We are looking for team members committed to helping our students access greater opportunities, achieve future success, and contribute to the vitality of our region.
VISION FOR POSITION
Working closely with the Co-Founder, the Vice President of Development will bring an energetic passion for the mission of Prodeo alongside a proven track record of fundraising success to provide the leadership, strategy, and management of all components of Prodeo’s fundraising efforts. The Vice President of Development will be one of the institution’s chief ambassadors instilling staff and leadership with inspiration and training to help create a culture of philanthropy.
- Assess current and past fundraising to lead our efforts moving forward.
- Review the current fundraising support infrastructure and create a plan to ensure that the organization can respond to its long-term financial vision and short-term operating needs.
- Serve as principal fundraising strategist for driving significant growth in contributed revenue.
- In collaboration with the Co-Founder, develop a comprehensive, data-driven fundraising plan that includes donor segmentation, objectives for individual and institutional fundraising and success metrics, identification of staff, board, and volunteers who will be actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with existing and new donors, and donor recognition.
- Develop appropriate plans and strategies to fund the diverse needs of Prodeo and map to various types of giving (major and leadership gifts, annual fund, planned giving, corporate and foundation) for capital projects, the endowment, the annual fund for operating expenses, and giving that focuses on the programmatic interests of donors.
- Orchestrate special events that boost fundraising efforts, including school visits, private and corporate gatherings, and events celebrating contributions of various donor groups and marking special milestones for Prodeo Academy.
- Collaborate with communications to develop and evolve the overall messaging to appeal to various donor constituencies.
- Retain, recruit, and manage a team of development professionals with an appropriate balance of skills and experiences.
- Establish work plans, performance objectives, and goals, regularly review the performance of development staff and provide professional development and training opportunities to cultivate staff skills and professionalism.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and a preferred minimum of 5 years’ fundraising experience with a sizable, high-performing organization that includes annual fund, endowment, capital, and event elements
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts will be an advantage
- Experience identifying and stewarding long-term relationships with donors with evolving priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in motivating, directing, and managing staff and consultants and in coordinating and supporting the fundraising activities of others, including leadership
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. An exceptional communicator, both in writing and orally; a person who gets energy from connecting with individuals, aligning the case for support, and creating opportunities for engagement.
- A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan
- Courage to challenge assumptions and stay focused on Prodeo’s priorities.
- Emotionally mature with a good sense of humor and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations.
Salary for this position is $100,000-$120,000, depending on experience level.
Prodeo Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
Apply today through Prodeo Academy's employment website - https://prodeo-academy.breezy.hr/p/f96451008a0e-vice-president-of-advancement
4141 University Avenue NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421