TakeAction Minnesota | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $60,000 - $74,500
TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding in 2006, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.POSITION SUMMARY
TakeAction Minnesota is seeking an experienced and accomplished Individual Giving Manager. This position is an integral part of the team that raises resources for TakeAction Minnesota and meeting our annual budget goals (~$4M in 2021). This position will have a special emphasis on growing and unleashing the potential of our grassroots membership and major donors. We are searching for a team leader, someone who can develop an integrated individual giving strategy, plan effectively, and oversee and implement goals. To do this, they will also collaborate closely with our organizing, communications and finance team.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced movement fundraiser and development professional who is excited to bring their skills to an anchor organization in the Minnesota movement landscape. This candidate would generate excitement and commitment from our donors and supporters to move resources to TakeAction and the Minnesota social justice movement. They will bring excellent project management skills, and will design and run well-organized, powerful strategies on a year-round basis. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
-- Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Individual giving strategy
- Lead on integrated fundraising strategy for TakeAction Minnesota supporters with the capacity to give major gifts.
- Maintain and update data infrastructure, including major donor pledge assessment system, staff portfolios, workflow, etc.
- Support executive team around fundraising and meeting income goals, through individual and collective support structures.
- Cultivate a list of 40-50 major donor contacts, making integrated fundraising asks annually
- Regularly report on team’s fundraising progress
Fundraising communications & digital strategy
- Design creative digital giving campaigns in collaboration with the communications team and development coordinator
- Lead on Annual Report development with development coordinator
- Assess what communication materials are needed to inform our donors and supporters about our work and manages their creation and implementation
Events & collaboration
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Execute our event strategy, including donor events, fundraisers, and house parties.
- Work with a team to support our annual fundraising event, ensuring it meets the budgeted fundraising and organizing goals.
- Contribute to staff meetings, retreats, events and other cross-departmental initiatives.
- Exceptional fundraiser. 3+ years of experience leading successful grassroots fundraising, individual and/or major donor campaigns, ideally in a full-time paid staff role. Experience with fundraising through a membership program preferred.
- Data & systems minded. Detail-oriented, enjoys diving into a database and configure it to meet our needs. High degree of competency working with CRMs (TakeAction uses EveryAction).
- Strong project manager. Experience successfully leading complex projects with many moving parts. High-capacity, high-impact leader who can see and seize strategic opportunities and intersections, and who can bring their team along with them.
- Self-directed and able to work remotely. Persistent, creative and solutions oriented. Can work-plan effectively to meet goals, communicate in a timely and responsive way. Shows up for their team and demonstrates impeccable follow-through.
- People-oriented. A relational leader and good team player, able to work with a broad team of staff, leaders and stakeholders. A natural sense of curiosity about people and the ability to relate to them.
- Strong communicator. Superb writing, editing and interpersonal communication skills. Experience initiating conversations with donors, and a willingness to be bold in conversations with strangers and volunteers.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
If you are excited by this position but don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply. We recognize that all candidates may not be strong in all of the areas listed. We also welcome learning about the strengths and talents you do bring to this role that may not be fully captured in our list.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.SALARY/BENEFITS/OTHER INFORMATION
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
- Salary is commensurate with experience starting at $60,000, Category: Coordinator 3.
- This position IS a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
- Full medical insurance, dental insurance, retirement packages.
- Full-time employees regularly work at least thirty-two (32) hours or more per week.
- Ongoing leadership development of staff, including access to relevant trainings and conferences.
This position reports directly to the Development Director. This position can be located anywhere in Minnesota and requires occasional travel. In response to COVID-19, all employees are resourced to work from home and encouraged to develop a hybrid schedule with their supervisor.HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references (at least one of whom was a direct supervisor) attention Jessica Zimmerman (she/her), Development Director, care of email@example.com
with the subject line INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER. Your cover letter should address how you meet the core qualifications and required skills for this position and any applicable experience that might not be captured in your resume. Interviews will take place via Zoom. This position is open until filled.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.