Forecast Public Art | Saint Paul, MN
Salary Range: $51,000 - $54,000
Forecast Public Art has an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraising and marketing professional to support the organization in a dynamic period of growth. In support of Forecast’s strategic direction, this member of our highly independent team will be responsible for raising funds, promoting earned revenue services and raising the visibility of the organization. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Job Description: Development and Marketing Manager
Status: Full-time (40 hrs/wk),
Compensation: $51,000 – 54,000 DOQ; 100% health, 100% dental + generous vacation, sick and personal time.
Location: This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States
Reports to: Executive Director
Posted: August 4, 2022
Applications Due—Extended: September 30, 2022WHO WE ARE
Forecast activates, inspires, and advocates for public art that advances justice, health, and human dignity. We envision a future where all people feel a sense of belonging, realize their potential and live healthy lives by embracing culture and creativity as drivers of equitable change.OUR VALUES
Public art plays a crucial role in shaping culturally vibrant and sustainable communities. Public art offers opportunities for community collaboration, for ideas to shape our environment and to influence change. It is our value at Forecast Public Art that our staff, board members, grantees, applicants and panelists reflect the racial, cultural, gender, artistic, range of physical ability, and geographic diversity of our country, and the stories and perspectives of the artists and communities we serve through public art. Those from BIPOC and Indigenous communities, and groups that are traditionally excluded, are strongly encouraged to apply.WHO YOU ARE
You are interested in and connected to our mission and values. You are outgoing and known for connecting with people from all different backgrounds. You are a big picture thinker and are skilled at thinking across projects and programs, juggling workload, and prioritizing projects. You are an effective, clear communicator who enjoys and is good at cultivating funder relationships as well as event and grants management. You value relationships and are personable and friendly. You are comfortable making calls and connecting with prospective donors and clients. You enjoy and find value in market strategizing – you love seeing targeted results come to fruition. You have strong skills in project management and fundraising, and are familiar with the field of public art in the U.S., particularly within the geopolitical boundaries of the state of Minnesota and the Native Nations that share the same geography.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Development and Marketing Manager holds significant responsibility for raising funds, promoting earned revenue services and raising the visibility of the organization in partnership with the Executive Director, Director of Programming, and Content and Communications Manager. In particular, the Development and Marketing Manager will prospect, cultivate and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate donors in an effort to achieve annual goals and special projects. They will also oversee annual fundraising events, support institutional fundraising efforts and grants managements and manage targeted marketing strategies and initiatives to increase earned revenue from consulting, training and publishing services.
We are highly independent and do not work in an office; you will be working remotely. We spend a lot of time in Zoom calls, on phone calls, and doing work on computers. We practice agility and support one another with resources and information. We foster a high performing, independent culture, where employees are accountable for their actions and have the independence to make decisions regarding their work. We maintain a hierarchy within the organization and regularly collaborate across departments.RESPONSIBILITIESFUNDRAISING + DEVELOPMENT (60%)Individual and Corporate Donors
Monthly tracking of fundraising progress
- Manage and execute annual appeals, including spring and end-of-year appeals
- Manage the design and execution of appeals in collaboration with administrative team
- Help to bring in new donors and inspire lapsed donors
- Conduct analysis of current donor base and design strategies to grow it
Foundation Grants (Private, Gov’t and Corporate)
- Maintain updated database in Salesforce that tracks donor, foundation and corporate outreach
- In partnership with the Executive Director, create Annual Development Plan
- Quarterly Development Reports to Board – Analysis of each appeal and event
- Track outcomes for grant reporting in collaboration with Program Team and ensure timely submission of reporting to funders
- Research prospective funding opportunities to support existing work and identify new opportunities (RFPs)
- Work closely with Program Team to ensure clear communication of existing program priorities and to design new opportunities
- Track funding opportunities, calendar and ensure deadlines are met
- Draft and finalize LOIs and full proposals
- Draft and submit grant reports as required
PARTNER WITH THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO SUPPORT, WHERE APPROPRIATE: (10%)Major Donors
- Manage and expand an event committee to participate in the design and implementation of annual events
- Maintain primary responsibility for the overall execution of the events with support of administrative team
- Identify corporate sponsorship opportunities and solicit support
- Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct research and provide background data for cultivation and stewardship of major donors in partnership with Executive Director; where appropriate, be lead in stewarding relationship.
- Initiate new and creative strategies for connecting with and engaging new major donors
MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (30%)
- Prepare concept notes and proposals in support of opportunities cultivated by programming team
- Work with Executive Director and Program Directors and FORWARD editorial team to cultivate new business opportunities/expand client-base regionally, domestically and internationally
WE THINK IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLSCore Competencies
- In partnership with the Director of Programming, create and implement marketing and business strategy to increase consulting and training portfolio.
- Support consulting team by managing all aspects of proposal preparation, presentation, awards submittals and business development support functions. Coordinate with consulting team on reviews and finalizing materials.
- Develop and manage relationships with prospective, current, and past clients through direct contact, project initiation, marketing of new, expanded, or continuing services, and project close out.
- With Communications Manager, maintain a library of images and case studies for use by consulting and communications teams.
- Write and/or solicit and edit content for consulting marketing materials.
- Create compelling print and web marketing campaigns, consulting newsletters, presentations and annual/impact reports in collaboration with the Administrative team.
- Participate in pitch sessions and contribute story ideas for FORWARD publication.
- Develop public relations and social media strategy to maintain relationship touch points with clients, coordinate and implement together with the communications and consulting teams.
- Develop new marketing materials and ensure all existing marketing materials are up to date, clear, concise and compelling for consulting and other earned revenue services.
- Develop necessary materials to share information about who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Desired/Preferred Skills and Additional information
- Minimum of four years of experience fundraising for non-profit, arts and culture, social change and/or initiatives and familiarity with local, regional and national network of private, government and/or multi-lateral donors/funders
- Demonstrated capacity to secure funding from institutional funders, individual donors and corporate sponsors/donors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience cultivating and stewarding strong donor relationships, including Individual and Corporate donors
- Proven writer and communicator able to articulate complex ideas in a compelling format
- Experience in developing and implementing consistent marketing messaging, compelling campaigns and an overall cohesive marketing and sales platform
- Skilled at crafting marketing outreach to donors, funders and clients.
- Proven skills in event design and execution
- Highly organized; capable of operating independently and successfully multi-tasking to achieve planned goals under tight deadlines
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms
- BA required, MA preferred
- Proficiency in broad software including MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Salesforce or other donor database systems, Email HTML marketing (MailChimp), and website builders (WordPress)
- Established network of funding relationships within corporate or other donor networks.
- Knowledge and experience in public art, creative placemaking or social change space
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinker
- Experience in and passion for the intersection of art, creativity and social change
Submit a cover letter, and cv/resume and 2 writing samples (1 marketing proposal and 1 donor communication) by September 30, 2022 to email@example.com
with the title of the job in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered
First round of interviews will take place October 10 – 14, 2022
Second round of interviews will take place October 17 – 21, 2022
Candidates notified October 24, 2022
Expected start date is November 14, 2022