Summit Academy OIC | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Summit Academy OIC in Minneapolis has a great opportunity for a qualified person to join our outstanding team as Development Associate. SUMMARY/PURPOSE
The Development Associate will support fundraising and donor engagement strategies and tactics to ensure that fundraising and relationship management goals are met. This position supports fundraising campaigns, data and information management, events, gift and grant processing and donor communications. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.1. Donor Administrative Support (50%)
2. Event Planning & Coordination (30%)
- Processes donor contributions and grant awards with speed and accuracy to ensure the acknowledgment of gifts and grants within a 24-48 hour basis.
- Provides timely and accurate production of receipts, acknowledgment letters, pledge payment reminders and giving reports.
- Leads bi-weekly reconciliation of gifts with Development Director and supports reconciliation of donations with Finance Department on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Supports systems that ensure effective and accurate records and reports; produces reports and lists to support fundraising and donor communications.
- Participates on a team working to produce fundraising marketing and communications materials; supports the production and dissemination of development communications.
- Handles special requests to address donor needs, responds to donor inquiries with warmth and timeliness
- Implements processes and systems to mitigate risk; provides support for relationship and moves management systems and operations.
- Ensures that data is managed responsibly and donor privacy is protected.
3. General Administrative Support (20%)
- Participates on a team working to plan, organize logistics, recruit, execute and engage attendees for all Development events.
- Coordinates event logistics, timelines, execution, volunteers and vendors.
- Manages RSVPs, assists participants in event registration, and answers questions from event stakeholders.
- Liaise with event sponsors to collect logos, permissions for use and communications guidelines.
- Oversees load in and load out and set up and tear down of event.
- Acts as onsite point person for event administration and program logistics including the distribution, cleanup and organization of event supplies and materials.
- Provides onsite support; anticipates and resolves event problems as they arise, working with development staff, venue staff and event participants as needed to ensure event success.
- Communicates proactively to improve future events, providing feedback on successes and growth opportunities.
- Provides administrative support to the Development Director, including, but not limited to; preparing presentations and reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions.
- Maintains systems to track and document department expenses, procure goods and services and track inventory; ensures materials are stocked, organized and reordered when needed.
- Maintains all development paper and electronic files including, but not limited to proposal, gift and pledge records, donor acknowledgements and grant award letters.
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating tours/meetings, meeting preparations, booking space, receiving visitors, agendas, handouts, catering, and logistics, etc.
- Handles data entry including; updates, correction, and maintenance of donor, foundation, and constituent information.
- Supports department functions such as meeting agendas, meeting setup, anniversary and birthday recognition, staff off-site activities, etc
4. Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate, listen to, and understand information and ideas presented.
- Able to perform multiple tasks with a high level of performance, track a variety of projects and deadlines among shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and provide a high level of service for donors and colleagues.
- Achievement-oriented, and highly motivated to meet or exceed individual and shared goals; and support others in doing the same.
- Must be committed to the mission, values, and strategic plan of Summit Academy OIC.
- Ability to work with constituent information with exceptional accuracy and confidentiality.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is fast paced and requires time management and prioritization of job duties. This position primarily works in office, with occasional remote work option upon approval of manager.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This is a largely sedentary role, and requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This role requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard and mouse.POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). It is not eligible for overtime pay. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required to meet the requirements of this position.TRAVEL
This position requires limited local travel. REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree, or 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Experience in philanthropic services, development operations or similar experience.
- Prior experience with fundraising software or CRM, Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in non-profit event execution.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years successful experience in philanthropic services, development operations or similar experience.
- Proficiency in Salesforce NPSP.
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in non-profit event planning and coordination.
- Experience in communications, marketing or public relations.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. AA/EEO
It is the policy of Summit Academy OIC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Summit Academy OIC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.