CommonBond Communities | St. Paul, MN
Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Senior Development Officer role at our Central Office location. The Senior Development Officer will play a critical fundraising role in CommonBond’s multi-year campaign fundraising by successfully qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts of $25,000 or more. This position is responsible for planning and implementing individual giving strategies to support the annual fund, events, programs, and capital funding needs. The Major Gift Officer will focus on prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of 100-120 individuals.
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.Why CommonBond Communities?
Essential FunctionsMajor Gifts:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors with a specific focus on major gift campaign prospects.
- Develop an annual plan of work with established metrics.
- Develop a deep understanding of CommonBond’s mission, programs, and campaign to share with donor prospects.
- Builds and maintains a portfolio of approximately 100-120 major gift prospects to ensure that timely steps are taken toward cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. *Expect approximately 15 campaign solicitations per year at $50,000 or more.
- Coordinate and execute 1-2 donors specific campaign cultivation events annually.
- Complete, file, and maintain accurate donor meeting reports records of prospect contacts by utilizing Raiser’s Edge database.
- Attend campaign events and other organizational functions as needed.
- Prepare reports and other required information as requested.
This position requires some weekend and evening attendance and occasional travel.Requirements/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of professional development experience in individual giving, with demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit and steward major gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of PC software, such as Microsoft Office, and current technology
- Development experience, including capital campaign experience.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, stoop
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
- Ability to accurately type 45 words per minute
- Specific training in word processing and use of computers
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach above shoulders
- Ability to open and close files drawers
- Ability to file documents for extended periods of time