Great River Greening | St. Paul, MN
Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000
ABOUT GREAT RIVER GREENING
Great River Greening is a leading environmental restoration nonprofit with a mission to inspire, engage, and lead local communities in conserving and caring for the land and water that enrich our lives. We have a small, but mighty team that restores 4,000+ acres of land across Minnesota annually. Because our staff remains small, we can offer you flexibility, a friendly work culture, supportive Board of Directors, hybrid work options, and opportunities to grow.
Great River Greening values Science, Community, Partnership, Education, and Inclusion. Great River Greening is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of all backgrounds, including women, candidates of color, LGBTQ, or candidates with non-traditional work or experience backgrounds are encouraged to apply. See www.greatrivergreening.org for more information.
We’re in search of a passionate and results-driven Advancement Director to lead our fundraising team. The Advancement Director leads the Advancement Team and is responsible for the preparation, planning and implementation of the annual development strategy. This position oversees and is responsible for all advancement components of the organization, including individual giving, corporate and foundation grants, fundraising events, communications and marketing, and special campaigns. The role is supported by a Grants and Communications Officer, Communications and Events Coordinator, and Advancement Associate, as well as other staff positions in finance, operations, and outreach.
A key part of this role includes managing and expanding our portfolio of individual donors at all giving levels, including our Board of Directors. Overall, this position is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and stewarding donors to ensure Great River Greening has the resources to work towards our mission.
The Advancement Director is an exempt, full-time position with a salary range of $80-$95k, dependent upon experience and qualifications. We offer a generous benefits plan including health, dental, 401k, LTD, FSA, life insurance, 14 paid holidays, and a PTO plan. We offer a flexible work environment with autonomy, full support from our board, leadership team and peers, and opportunity for growth.
The position reports to the Executive Director and offices from St. Paul, Minnesota, although currently all staff work hybrid with the option to be in-office as needed.
1. Serve as a member of the Great River Greening’s leadership team, helping to shape the strategic vision, and developing comprehensive strategies for organizational advancement. (20%)
2. Plan, execute, and evaluate annual advancement strategies and goals:
Individual Donor Management (35%)
• Develop and execute an Individual Giving Plan, including Major Donors, with the support of the Executive Director, that includes:
➢ Defining goals and a cultivation strategy for each individual or category of individuals;
➢ Stewarding current donors, from relationship-building through solicitation and reporting;
➢ Maintaining and updating detailed profiles on current and potential donors;
➢ Managing Board stewardship, including individual meetings to discuss annual giving plans, soliciting for Fund-a-Need gifts for the gala, and ways to tap into Board member networks;
➢ Increasing donor retention, monthly donors, and annual giving levels;
➢ Exploring a Planned Giving Program; and
➢ Developing an Emeritus Board (with full support of Executive Director)
• Oversee all aspects of individual donor fundraising campaigns, both direct mail and online, with content and design coming from the Advancement Team (e.g., Fall Appeal, Spring Appeal, and Give to the Max Day).
• Supervise volunteers and interns as needed.
• Work collaboratively and strategically with the Advancement Committee (Board).
Corporate Giving (20%)
• Cultivate and manage corporate relationships and work with the Executive Director and Board to develop new sponsors. Create strategies and giving opportunities to match prospects’ interests to the priorities of Great River Greening.
Foundation Giving/Special Events/Other (25%)
• Supervise the Grants and Communications Officer, Communications and Event Coordinator, and Advancement Associate.
• Oversee and support all Advancement Team staff in ensuring the whole team reaches fundraising goals.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a related position.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Successful experience building/maintaining donor relationships and soliciting gifts, including Major Donors.
• Experience utilizing prospect research software and data analytics.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to plan work, meet deadlines, and balance multiple projects and objectives.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule that occasionally requires evenings and weekends.
• Self-directed, yet also collaborative and willing to inform fundraising/communications-related decisions across the organization.
• A “yes and” attitude! Open to new ideas, collaborative, and excited to figure out what works.
• Knowledge of environmental issues a plus, but not necessary; we have plenty of passionate staff who can teach you.
• Ability to regularly travel within the Twin Cities metro area with limited travel in greater Minnesota.
• Submit cover letter addressing the qualifications and resume by e-mail to: Grant Seipkes, Director of Finance and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rolling application and position is open until filled.