Juxtaposition Arts | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $27 - $42 per hour
Juxtaposition Arts (JXTA) is seeking an Interim Development Director (DD). This position is responsible for the majority of JXTA’s revenue, and would primarily focus on maintaining and growing our current income from foundations, corporate philanthropy, government, and individuals. The DD would work closely with the rest of the leadership team and the Board of Directors, as well as leading the development team. The DD also holds the overall strategy for raising money, which means partnering with our communications, events, and artist teams so they can help execute this strategy.
A competitive candidate must be able to work on multiple internal projects and external relationships concurrently. Given the variability of the role, candidates must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Job Type: Full-time, contract
Salary: $27-$40/hour based on experience
Application Deadline: rolling until a candidate is hired
Contract Length: 6 months, option to apply for permanent position
Benefits: High-quality health and dental care. Generous and flexible PTO. Work from home Friday option.
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55411
Development: 45% of role
• Enlarge the circle of prospective funders through research, networking, internal and external outreach to build the capacity of the agency;
• Work closely with the development and arts program staff to identify funding strategies and opportunities;
• Ensure that a strong process of grant preparation and submission is in place, well communicated, and regularly reviewed. Oversee these processes;
• Facilitate quarterly meetings with program and development staff to identify and review funding opportunities and current program outcomes;
• Guide development team in working across the agency to identify needs, and to develop clear, compelling, and authentic proposal narratives that meet or exceed funder guidelines and expectations;
• Build strong relationships with foundation and corporate program officers through personal communication, invitations, and networking opportunities;
• In partnership with development team identify new funding prospects and cultivate current portfolio;
• Develop and maintain a calendar of deadlines for proposals, LOIs, and reporting; and
• Maintain database of donors using Salesforce, a cloud-based nonprofit customer
relationship management system. Utilize CRM for donor communications, management and reporting;
• Foster positive attitudes among staff in accomplishing development goals and objectives.
Fundraising: 45% of role
• Develop comprehensive fundraising plan in partnership with committee, team and CEO;
• Donor Management and Prospecting- Work in partnership with the CCP and Board to research, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors;
• Help devise and implement best strategies for expanding the JXTA funding base.
• Plan, monitor and meet annual and long-range individual donor revenue projections;
• Conduct database/gift analyses to report on fundraising campaigns and appeals;
• Assist the organization in meeting annual and long-range fundraising goals;
• Support fundraising committee with planning, events, and reports and other meeting materials;
• Serve as the primary liaison between staff and the Move the Crowd Committee, JXTA’s annual and largest fundraising event
• Curate online fundraising strategies in partnership with communications/website team;
• Collaborate with internal staff on large organizational fundraisers; and
• Prepare and manage Give to the Max day, Kickstarter, and other online fundraising activities.
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
• Event coordination and support as needed.
• Represent JXTA in relevant spaces.
• Other duties.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Honesty and integrity are a must.
• Passion, energy and commitment demonstrated in working with and in diverse communities.
• Successful at inter-personal exchanges and communication.
• Creative, curious, and game to try new things, learn new things, become part of the Juxtaposition Arts team.
• Flexible and able to attend events in evenings, on weekends, and during workweek (periodic and pre-arranged).
• 2 or more years of experience working in grant management, fundraising, and development positions.
• 2 or more years of experience working with individual donors.
• Advanced knowledge of MS office and Sales Force or other CRM.
Please send the following to Niko Kubota at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• cover letter addressing the requirements of this position
• three references with phone and email contact information