Southern Valley Alliance | Belle Plaine, MN
Salary Range: $30/hr, 20hrs/week
Southern Valley Alliance (SVA) was founded in the early 1980’s by a victim of domestic violence and received its 501(c)3 nonprofit designation in 1984. Today, we continue to be the only domestic violence agency located in Scott and Carver counties. Since its founding, the organization has assisted more than 23,000 women, men and children as they try to live healthy, violence-free lives. The SVA mission and vision is to assist victims of domestic violence and end domestic violence in the local community. Current programs include: 24-hour crisis line; crisis intervention and advocacy; legal/court advocacy; support groups; transitional housing and community education.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital parts of our service mission at Southern Valley Alliance. As we work to bring healing to survivors of domestic violence, we also recognize the need for healing from injustice and discrimination. We seek to be a place of healing and safety for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship status, physical ability, and religion.
SVA’s Development Manager develops, organizes, and implements SVA fundraising strategies, including donor relations, annual fund, major gifts, planned giving and events. They foster and advance positive external relationships with potential and existing funders and donors through regular community outreach and engagement.
The Manager partners closely with, and reports to, the Executive Director in all development and fundraising endeavors. The Manager will build on SVA’s fundraising success and develop and advance new strategies for the future.
This is a half-time position with the potential for some remote work. Evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required.
Core Job Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Executive Director to develop, and then implement, all strategies and activities for individual donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
2. Oversees the production of relevant and informative fundraising literature for individual solicitations, including annual appeals and targeted campaigns.
3. Contribute to the development and articulation of a compelling case for support.
3. Manage appeal mailings, tracking and follow-ups.
4. Assist Office Manager in the preparation of donor acknowledgement letters.
5. Maintain donor database records and ensure confidentiality.
Grant Research, Writing and Development:
1. Conduct preliminary research of new foundation funding opportunities and in collaboration with the Executive Director, determine appropriate applications to submit.
2. Develop competitive proposals for funding and track applications.
3. Prepare and submit reports for existing grants.
4. Maintain grants calendar and due dates.
1. In coordination with the Executive Director and Community Engagement Coordinator, create and manage marketing content calendar.
2. Assist in the preparation and design of e-newsletters, annual reports, brochures, print outreach materials and all other external communications.
1. Oversees the planning and execution of fundraising events with the support of volunteers.
2. Help solicit event sponsors and auction items.
1. Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
2. Five or more years of nonprofit fundraising experience and knowledge of fund development strategies and tactics
3. Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
4. Proven persuasive verbal and written communication skills; excellent reading, writing, editing and research abilities
5. Data management and/or record keeping skills (preferably experience with Little Green Light)
6. Event planning knowledge and experience
7. Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines
8. Ability to work independently, demonstrated self-starter
9. Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of SVA
Half Time (20 hours per week) on a contract basis for 1 year. Potential to extend contract or employment after 1 year.
Pay Scale: Contract position - $30/hour for 20 hours per week
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org