826 MSP | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Position: Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
826 National and our chapters were named in GOOD Magazine’s 30 Places We Want to Work. We couldn’t agree more. 826 MSP is a non-profit organization with a mission to "amplify the voices, stories, and power of K-12 BIPOC students through writing, publishing, and leadership programs."
826 MSP uses Google Forms. To apply for this position, you will need Gmail account or Google Workspace account. PLEASE APPLY THIS POSITION VIA THIS LINK***:
Overview of the position:
The Development Manager plays a key role in helping 826 MSP advance our mission to close Minnesota’s educational opportunity gap with dedicated writing support for underserved youth. You will manage our annual fundraising, continue to build our donor base, and support the board and Executive Director in their efforts to meet revenue goals.
We are looking for someone who enjoys engaging with many different stakeholders and likes fundraising. We’d love to work with a creative thinker with an eye for detail, someone who loves our mission, and a kind leader who works happily in a team. You will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with staff and community partners. This position is based in the Seward neighborhood in Minneapolis and is full-time starting as soon as possible.
Salary & Benefits:
• $55,0000 - $65,000 commensurate with experience
• Health and dental insurance (90% employer coverage for employees, 50% employer coverage for dependents)
• Retirement package with 1% employer match
• 15 days of flexible paid time off, 25 paid holidays per year
• Paid family leave after one year in the organization
• $250 annual professional development stipend and opportunities
Fundraising Strategy & Annual Giving (80%)
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to achieve fundraising goals and objectives
• Provide leadership and guidance to the development intern
• Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that aligns with 826 MSP's mission and goals
• Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors to secure funding and sponsorships for 826 MSP programs and events
• Plan and execute successful fundraising events, including donor cultivation events, benefit dinners, and auctions
• Manage and maintain accurate donor records and stewardship plans to ensure a positive donor experience and long-term engagement
• Identify and pursue new funding opportunities, including grants, planned giving, and major gifts
• Stay up-to-date on fundraising best practices, trends, and technologies to ensure 826 MSP remains competitive in the nonprofit sector
• Represent 826 MSP in the community and at fundraising events to build awareness and support for the organization.
• Oversee organizational communications strategy, stewarding donors and partnering with staff to effectively articulate 826’s mission, vision, and programming.
• Manage social media channels and mailchimp.
Skills and attributes:
• Experience and comfort with developing and implementing a fundraising strategy and annual giving campaign;
• Creative and innovative; a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment;
• Love of fundraising—both from individuals and institutions;
• Enjoy people and the concept of creating donor communities;
• Competency with CRM databases, Salesforce a plus;
• People and project management skills;
• Strong writing and communications skills;
• Passionate about equity in education and a desire to create pathways through writing for students.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams.
• Ability to travel independently and alone in the Twin Cities metro with occasional US travel.
• Ability to work at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Cover Letter (The cover letter must contain a section responding to the position and its requirements.
• Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information for three (3) references
826 MSP uses Google Forms. To apply for this position, you will need a Google Workspace or Gmail account. Start with your application for this position with Gmail email and click "next" to get to the remaining sections of the form.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org