Episcopal Homes | Saint Paul, MN
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000
Position Title: Fundraising Professional, Foundation Executive Director
Reports To: President & CEO
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 depending on experience
Looking to bring your nonprofit development experience to a great mission of service and find your next professional home? Come lead Episcopal Homes Foundation by connecting resources of time, talent, and treasure to strengthen and sustain our vibrant and thriving Episcopal Homes community. Be a vital member of our professional, mission-driven, leadership team focused on “enriching life and building community with older adults.”
The Foundation’s values reflect our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate the diversity of age, physical ability, religion, culture, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation of older adults, families, friends, and staff who bring our mission to life. We create equitable access to resources to build a just society in which all are valued. Read about our work at www.episcopalhomes.org.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Foundation Executive Director will create and execute a multi-year fundraising plan including annual appeal, major gifts, planned giving, vendor/partner sponsorship program, special events, and capital and/or other campaigns, as needed. The Executive Director will work closely with the President and Board of Trustees in development and fundraising endeavors.
The Executive Director must be a strong development leader with 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and managing fundraising appeals to grow Episcopal Homes' pipeline of friends and supporters year over year. They supervise the work of a Fundraising Coordinator who supports implementation of the Annual Development Plan. They engage in significant individual solicitation with a focus on growing donors to strengthen the long-term capacity of the Foundation.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Align fundraising priorities to overall organizational strategic plan goals.
- Develop and manage implementation of an annual development plan that generates indi-vidual and institutional gifts and grants, setting annual monetary goals and budgets ac-cording to those short and long-term goals.
- Evaluate progress toward goals by creating and presenting regular reports to CEO and Board of Trustees of donors/prospects/fundraising goals by utilizing analysis of the donor database.
- Launch and build a planned giving program to benefit Episcopal Homes Foundation.
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects, developing and implementing tailored cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans.
- Collaborates with marketing/communications/sales team to develop fundraising commu-nication and materials.
- Engage and mobilize Board of Trustees and other volunteers for effective solicitations and other fundraising activities, particularly major donor engagement.
- Manage and grow Vision Partners, a corporate sponsorship program dedicated to sustain-ing employee scholarships and emergency assistance award programs.
- Research and apply to foundations for grant awards for various programs as needed; manage all aspects of post-award reporting requirements.
- Create and guide implementation of an annual donor communication plan to include web, print, email marketing and social media channels.
- Lead team in planning and executing donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Supervise Foundation support staff as needed.
- Lead production of the Foundation Annual Report.
- Administer and ensure integrity of employee scholarship and emergency aid program in partnership with human resources and the spiritual life team.
- Maintain gift recognition policies.
- Other projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 10+ years of fundraising experience, including proven track record of prospect and portfolio management, implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies, fundraising results and donor stewardship.
- Knowledge of giving trends, benchmarks, best practices, fundraising techniques and strategies, data analytics, donor research, gift processing, and fundraising reporting.
- Be a self-starter, organized, and exhibit follow-through on goals and tasks.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Maintain deep respect for our mission and those we serve.
- Demonstrated grants management experience and knowledge of Minnesota grantmakers.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide good customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to use a CRM system, such as Bloomerang, etc.
To apply, submit resume to Melissa Monteith at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 27, 2023.