Thrive Economic Development | Jefferson, WI
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: FUNDRAISING CONSULTANT
Thrive Economic Development - Serving Dodge & Jefferson Counties, Wisconsin
Thrive Economic Development (ThriveED) is a 501C3, public/private partnership dedicated to actions focused on attracting and supporting private sector business growth in the two-county region.
Purpose of RFP:
Select a firm or consultant whose primary role will be to coordinate and manage private sector fundraising efforts associated with the organization’s 2022-2026 Strategic Plan. Candidate will complete private sector focused fundraising activities, with pledges in hand to support a 5-year goal of $2,400,000, no later than by June 30, 2021. The campaign is anticipated to run in the first half of calendar year 2021, with some pre-campaign kickoff work in the fourth quarter of 2020. The selected candidate will work with the ThriveED Board of Directors and President to ensure that the President and staff under contract are not burdened with fundraising. The proposed 5-year fundraising campaign will ensure an expanded level of private sector financial support.
The successful candidate will:
● Identify prospective donors and develop strategies to cultivate relationships to achieve financial support
● Develop and oversee all fundraising activities
● Engage with Board members to prepare them to make face-to-face meetings with existing and prospective private industry sectors donors; may attend meetings as needed
● Provide timely and accurate reports to the Campaign Committee of the Board and staff
● Build the capacity of the ThriveED Board of Directors to successfully engage in fundraising activities necessary for the ongoing execution of the Strategic Plan
ThriveED wishes to accept proposals from qualified individuals or firms in Wisconsin who have experience working with public/private partnerships and/or economic development organizations. The organization prefers to solicit responses from those providers willing to enter into a financial contract based upon a monthly retainer, with a funds-pledged bonus payable at the end of the campaign.
Complete responses to this RFP will be accepted up until close of business on Friday, June 5th, 2020. The ThriveED Board and Campaign Committee reserve the right to interview candidates prior to selecting a provider. Candidate interviews will be completed no later than August 31st, 2020. The ThriveED Board will select a provider and notify all candidates of this selection, no later than October 30th, 2020.
Firms or individuals wishing to respond to this request should submit a cover letter along with the following, via email and hard copy, by 4:30 pm on 6/5/2020, to:
Victoria Pratt, CEcD, President, ThriveED email@example.com
, and to 864 Collins Rd. Suite 111, Jefferson WI 53549
Your complete response should include:
● Cover letter indicating interest, experience and proposed fee structure for services
● Proposed actions you will take to successfully raise funds, including:
● Detail regarding staff to be assigned to meet with businesses in the Dodge and Jefferson counties area
● All other information deemed necessary/pertinent by the provider to fully respond to this opportunity
ThriveED reserves the right not to choose a provider from this RFP process.