Wallin Education Partners | Minneapolis, MNOrganization
Wallin Education Partners (Wallin EP) is a college completion program which focuses on ensuring post-secondary success for underrepresented Minnesota students. Wallin EP has a rich history and a proven model which results in some of the highest college graduation rates in the country. The impact of our program is an exceptionally high graduation rate (90% or higher), less debt for graduates, diverse talent for our community, and maximum impact for our donors. In 2019, Wallin Education Partners received national recognition by being named the Scholarship Provider of the Year by National Scholarship Providers Association.
Wallin EP has an extremely dedicated team with an unwavering commitment to scholar success. Our team brings a breadth of experience in business, education, non-profits, and philanthropy. We come together in an energetic work environment focused on helping low-income students’ complete college. Primary Duties:
Wallin Education Partners is seeking a Director of Development to join our team. We are looking for a leader with significant nonprofit development experience who is passionate about increasing educational opportunity and excited to play a key role in the continued growth of our organization.
Reporting to and working closely with the Deputy Director and Executive Director this person will plan and implement a robust development strategy to advance the mission of Wallin Education Partners. The person in this role will be responsible for overseeing the solicitation of prospective donors for major gifts, scholarship gifts, planned gifts, and alumni giving. The person in this position will lead a campaign to increase public awareness and brand identify. Fundraising
• In collaboration with the Deputy Director, develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan.
• Implement a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Design, develop and launch a robust planned giving program.
• Identify and cultivate prospective individual, foundation and corporate donors and take steps necessary to secure and maintain their financial support.
• Oversee the organization’s grant proposal process. Research, develop and submit grant proposals to local and national foundations.
• Ensure timely reports to foundations and corporate and individual donors.
• Identify public speaking opportunities and be represent Wallin Education Partners at small and large events to increase awareness of the program. Relationship Management
• Working closely with the Deputy Director to deepen current donor partner relationships.
• Develop, update and implement a strategic donor partner communications plan.
• Oversee the planning and execution of events for donors and scholars.
• Oversee donor pledge process and coordinate the invoicing process with the Director of Finance.
• Develop and conduct donor engagement surveys. Administration
• Develop regular revenue reports for leadership and the Development Committee of the Board.
• Oversee management of donor and alumni database to support fundraising efforts, reports and other data requirements. Ensure accuracy and integrity of information database.
• Manage accurate gift processing and gift acknowledgement in coordination with Development Associate.
• Participate in budget planning, including providing revenue projections and reports. Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
• Minimum of seven years of experience with proven track record in fund-raising, major gifts solicitation, and development
• Knowledge of donor development trends and practices
• Familiarity with donor data management tools
• Excellent organizational and communication skills including public speaking
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Stela Center, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org