Domestic Abuse Project | Minneapolis, MNPurpose:
The Domestic Abuse Project has a 40-year track record of serving as a leader in innovative family program models that work towards reducing intergenerational trauma and violence in family systems. We are searching for a critical member of our leadership team to join the DAP Family in the Director of Advancement and Community Engagement role.
This role is responsible for creating and executing an effective development plan in partnership with the Executive Director, with a focus on stewardship and solicitation of major donors, individual donors, and funding partners. This role is an opportunity for an experienced development professional to make a significant impact through supporting DAP in developing strategic and sustainable development practices that create meaningful, multi-year commitments from donors and funding partners. Responsibilities:
Above all, this role is about assessing the ways in which DAP can more effectively engage, cultivate, and steward individual donors and funding partners and collaboratively lead to execute those strategies. Priorities will be set in partnership with the Executive Director with the goal to increase individual contributions, gift amounts, recurring gifts, awareness of DAP’s mission, and organized strategies to sustain a successful annual development plan. Core Responsibilities:
- Creating and leading DAP's annual development plan
- Annual giving strategies and implementation
- Major giving strategies and implementation
- Deepening and expanding funding partnerships
Salary and Benefits:
- Oversight of DAP’s fundraising events and Development Committee
- Supervise grants and foundation funding initiatives
- Tracking, reporting, and oversight of development metrics and donor tracking
- Management of processes for timely, impactful donor acknowledgements
- Additional duties as determined by organizational and development priorities
- This position starts at .8 FTE, 32 hrs/week
- Starting salary range is $58,000-$62,000 DOE
- Opportunity for full time status with salary increase or merit based increase following successful first year review.
- Flexibility determining your weekly work schedule and remote work time
- Health insurance, flex health and dependent care account, short-term disability insurance, life insurance
- Generous PTO
Please submit a single PDF of your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position, with the email subject line, "DAP Director of Advancement and Community Engagement, [your name]" to: Annie Van Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled. Check DAP website for updates. No phone calls please.