Twin Cities PBS | St. Paul, MN
Salary Range: $57,000 - $64,000 (commensurate with experience)
Twin Cities PBS (TPT), one of America’s premier public media organizations, is seeking a Major Gifts and Planned Giving Officer to develop strategies, tactics and compelling communication that grows major giving and planned giving support. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects and donors and the research, cultivation, and solicitation of major and planned gifts for Twin Cities PBS. MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Manages a portfolio of 100-150 top prospects, moving them through the donor cycle and being accountable for metrics of quality contacts, gift proposals and closures, create strategies to grow our program.
* Works to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward top donors in a coordinated effort to maximize TPT membership, major and planned giving.
* Plans and executes communications aimed at key segments including membership, long-term givers, sustaining members and current giving society members.
* Employs a variety of marketing techniques including mail, telephone, web and digital methods to engage and educate donors about giving opportunities.
* Works within the Salesforce database, to track actions, view data and assist in analyzing data in order to inform and help prioritize individuals and strategies.
* Deepens relationships with current planned and major donors and presents giving options that benefit donors and their families and that grow TPT’s major gift revenue and endowment.
* Utilizes all aspects of gift planning and estate vehicles including wills, trusts, gift annuities, insurance, IRAs and retirement assets and endowment giving.
* Presents a highly professional image and acts as a TPT ambassador to all stakeholders, through verbal, written, and face-to-face interactions.
* Writes individual proposals for major and planned gifts including blended asks, endowment or specific program funding.
* Connect with donors and track interactions in CRM. Focuses performance around the TPT strategic plan, department annual plan, and helps to develop a corporate culture of philanthropy, while living the TPT mission and values.KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum of 5-7 years of major gift cultivation, solicitation, and estate planning or planned giving experience.
* Proven fundraising track record, and experience with CRM databases, Salesforce is a plus.
* Detailed and in-depth knowledge of planned giving and its complexities including estate planning, tax laws, wills and trusts.
* Experience with Crescendo or PG Calc planned gift illustrations and software.
* Knowledge and experience in researching and analyzing data to identify planned giving prospects.
* Experience with campaign fundraising and project management.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and is detail-oriented.
* Uses discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
* Ability to travel locally.
* This position will require some evening and weekend hours for meetings and events.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
For more information on Twin Cities PBS careers or to apply for this position, please go to TPT.org/careers/job-openings
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer, and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com