MacPhail Center of Music | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $46,683 - $54,620
The Development Associate provides administrative and fundraising support to the development team working to advance MacPhail’s mission. The Associate will ensure that the processes and systems which support the fundraising effort run efficiently. The position works with each aspect of fundraising including individual giving, events, campaigns, grants, and Board committees.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide administrative support for development department activity including Annual Fund, campaigns, events, and grants.
• Implement the Daily Mail Process (DMP) with the finance team.
• Review gift and pledge acknowledgements for accuracy and send to donors in a timely manner.
• Produce reports from and enter gift information using best practices into Raiser’s Edge as requested.
• Develop, maintain, and update major donor profile documents and prospect lists using wealth screening tools and information provided by Annual Giving Manager and Major Gifts Officer.
• Assist with prospect research as requested.
• Maintain development department inventory of printed materials (i.e., brochures, remit envelopes, fact sheets, etc.).
• Provide scheduling and general administrative support to the Vice President of Development, including scheduling of Board Development Committee meetings.
• Respond to donor requests for information, gathering information from development team as needed.
• Coordinate Board events, donor events, and donor calls.
• Work with development team to execute Music Matters Luncheon, MICM Dinner Concert and Annual Dinner.
• Maintain the department SharePoint site, subscriptions, memberships, and related access information.
• Develop and maintain efficient filing systems, both hard copy and electronic, filing development documents in a timely manner into designated places.
• Consistent and reliable attendance in the office is essential for the success of this role due to the high level of collaboration and customer facing interactions required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education High school degree, or equivalent.
Experience 2-4 years related work experience. Experience with Microsoft Office suite; prefer experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational databases. Experience with or interest in music, music education or performance preferred.
Skills and Abilities Willingness to learn, flexible and adaptable. Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate in writing. Strong attention to detail, organization, time management and prioritization skills. Can produce consistently accurate work. Initiative, self-motivated and ability to work independently. High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising required.
Physical Demands Occasional lifting, approx. 10 lbs. frequently sitting, working at keyboard for up to 4 hours at a time. Occasional walking, climbing, stairs, stooping, bending, kneeling.Applicants should apply by going to https://macphailcenterformusic.applytojob.com/apply.