International Institute of Minnesota | St. Paul, MNSalary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
The International Institute of Minnesota seeks a Communications and Development Manager who is creative, self-directed, and eager to contribute to a dynamic multicultural organization deeply rooted in the livelihood of New Americans in Minnesota. We seek an energetic professional who can write engaging stories, contribute to building a strong identity for the Institute, and maintain the systems necessary to connect our donors, volunteers, and partners to the success of New Americans in our community. This position is one of three employees with primary responsibilities for Institute fundraising and reports to the Director of Development. Position Purpose:
This position works primarily within the development, communications, special events and volunteer functions and is the lead implementer of the communications related functions of the Institute’s development team. This position is a fundraising position. It also provides project management, data management and supports implementation for the Institute’s annual fund and special fundraising appeals.Primary responsibilities:
- Use a mission-driven communications approach to build a strong organization identity, inspire donor and volunteer loyalty, and increase fundraising.
- Develop and execute annual content marketing strategy, annual fund and special appeals calendar.
- Create and edit effective content for:
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Website and blogposts
- Social media (Facebook. Instagram and Twitter)
- Direct mail and email campaigns, including fundraising appeals
- Institute annual report
- Special events promotion
- Generate mailing lists, segment audience communications, run reports, and track audience participation in Neon (CRM) and MailChimp.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that allows the organization to connect with and engage its supporters.
- Manage multiple deadlines, budget, production, and print calendars for the on-time delivery of the annual report, e-newsletter, event invitations and regular direct mail campaigns in collaboration with contract graphic designer.
- Analyze website, email, and social media analytics to make recommendations on how to improve the organization’s communications, acquisition, and development efforts.
- Field media inquiries, conduct initial intake, assign to staff, schedule interviews, and track reach.
- Coordinate community presentation requests. Maintain accurate RSVP records and audience contact information for each outreach activity. Represents the organization at outreach events.
- Customize, maintain, and update content on www.iimn.org, a WordPress website.
- Coordinate the production of video and photography with external consultants and manage media and photo archive.
- Create, update and maintain printed and digital materials and presentations using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Power Point.
- Develop creative and impactful GIVEMN marketing appeals and manage organization’s presence for Give to the Max Day.
- Copyedit communications materials, PowerPoint presentations, and other media and publications as assigned.
The communications and development manager should have, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications, or a related field and three years’ work experience in communications and fundraising. Three-five years of additional work experience in a similar environment would be considered as a substitute for a bachelor’s degree.Candidates must be:
- Strong writers able to translate stories into a compelling, mission-focused narrative
- Excellent copyediting skills, knowledgeable in AP style
- Experienced working in social media management platforms, such as Hootsuite, Facebook Page Manager and Creator Studio
- Previous experience administering a donor database or CRM platform
- Sensitive to privacy and professionalism in working with diverse agency clients. Excited about building relationships and conducting interviews with individuals with limited English and from many cultures and share appreciation for the values of cultural exchange.
- Capable of facilitating organization-wide support for media interviews, event planning and community events
- Effective time manager, able to consistently meet deadlines
- Adept and experienced in using a website content management system (preferably WordPress), development databases, and/or constituent relationship management systems
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Media relations
- Experience working in a multicultural environment or with individuals with limited English
The International Institute of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. Former refugees, New Americans and people of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to CErtz@iimn.org
by April 12, 2020. Please include “Communications and Development Manager” in the subject line