Century College | White Bear Lake, MNSalary Range: $42,595 - $61,596 AnnuallyPosition Purpose:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Foundation Services is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Foundation’s infrastructure and communication efforts in the advancement of the Foundation’s and constituent engagement goals. The director will develop goals and work plans for the areas of communication, donor stewardship, and infrastructure. They will provide high-level fiscal administration, budget management and all financial transactions required to operate the foundation, manage the various software platforms, serve as liaison with Century College’s financial services and IT office as well as external auditors, supervise the processing of charitable gifts, manage the information systems (database, email, online donations, website) including policy and procedure documentation. Position Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications: (expected to have to enter job)
- Collaborates with the Foundation Executive Director, college administration, deans, faculty, Director of Alumni Relations and Development, and Foundation Board and builds donor portfolios to increase the financial sustainability of the College. Manages day-to-day fiscal and financial operations for the Foundation and responsible for the oversight cost centers aligned to the Foundation budget. Partners with the Foundation Executive Director in development of goals and work plans for the Foundation.
- Serves as a strategic partner and liaison to Foundation Executive Director, Director of Alumni Relations and Development, faculty, general counsel, IT and college financial services to resolve issues and ensure compliance of IRS, FASB, PCI and GDPR regulations and standards.
- Administers all data to ensure a high-level system of tracking donors and gifts, budgeting, expense analysis, and reports. Tracks, monitors, and evaluates new and existing endowed, donor restricted, and unrestricted funds. Develops and provides counsel on endowment, scholarship, and fund agreements. Provides endowment distribution counsel and recommendations.
- Serves as primary contact for annual audit. Directs the bookkeeping process with the college to ensure strong partnership in the receipting and transferring of donations and scholarship payments.
- Ensure adherence to all IRS, CASE, FASB, PCI, and GDPR regulations/standards related to foundation activities. Annually reviews Foundation policies/procedures and develops new policies/procedures as needed.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive fundraising plan for direct mail and email appeals to retain and increase philanthropic support. Identifies and conducts research on prospective key donors as well as new fundraising opportunities. Manages and writes Foundation communications to build constituents’ trust and loyalty.
- Management oversight of the development and implementation of the Foundation’s information systems that enable the Foundation Staff and Board to effectively fundraise, provide quality service to our donors, and enable students to apply for scholarships. Oversees and serves as lead trainer of the donor management system, analyzes and interprets donor and alumni data, and ensures database integrity. Serves as liaison with IT department regarding technology needs and issues.
- Supervises the processing and acknowledging of gifts, pledges, pledge payments, matching gifts, memorial and honor gifts, gift-in-kinds and other contributions to the Foundation. Ensures gifts are updated in the database and accounting system on a timely basis. Serves as liaison to technology vendors and primary administrator for third party donation sites.
- Record minutes, produce written reports, and prepare meeting agendas and packets for Board and committee meetings related to the board. Perform scheduling duties for Board and committee meetings, create, and maintain rosters and files of Board and committees.
- Understanding of nonprofit budget and financial procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with database software’s
- Competency with computer software products such as Microsoft Excel, Word, CSV files, and other programs that may be used to create reports, and creating and merging records for reports, mailing, and sharing information between databases
- Ability to create data queries and compile information
- Knowledge and experience of IRS and CASE regulation and procedures as they relate to entering and acknowledging charitable donations in a nonprofit environment.
- Knowledge and experience in working with donors, database software, donor tracking, prospect research, and stewardship
- Excellent writing skills sufficient to write donor correspondence which include direct and e-mail appeals, thank you letters, stewardship reports, and informational materials
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment.
- 2-3 years fundraising and/or foundation services experience in a two year higher education institution
- Demonstration of higher educational institution and community collaboration
- Understanding of statistics, data mining principles, endowments, scholarship management, and fundraising principles and strategies
- Experience staffing a CRM conversion
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver’s license background check.
NOTICE: The college regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship. The successful candidate under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.Application Procedure:
Century College is committed to supporting diversity in all forms. Century College applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Our application process is through our People Admin site. The direct link to the posting is below:https://century.peopleadmin.com/postings/1530
Please upload the following information with your application:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial Transcripts - (please redact all the private information on the transcript before uploading, such as social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation. Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits)
*All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on 04/13/2021.*
The Minnesota State system, along with Century College, is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. This includes recruitment, selection, training, promotion and all other benefits in college and university employment. Learn more about equity and inclusion at Minnesota State.